Armyofone Detailed-2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

ArmyofOne

This car was brand new (only 9,000 miles, mostly hwy), so I just attacked this job with a pretty standard arsenal:

Wash:

-Meguiars Deep Crystal Shampoo

-P21S Paintwork Cleaner

Clay:

-Clay Magic Clay system

-Hot, soapy (dawn) water for lube.

Polish:

-Optimum Polish II

Glaze:

-Megs #7 Show Car Mirror Glaze

Sealant:

-Jetseal 109

Wax:

-Megs #26

Interior:

-OxyClean Laundry Stain remover (carpet)

-Megs Dash/Trim Foam Conditioner

-Wet/dry vac.

-Megs Supreme Shine Vinyl/trim/dash dressing

-Aerospace 303 protectant.

On to the process/pix:

Befores:

DSC01820.jpg

^doorjambs were kinda dusty, but not too bad. A little Megs #34 to take care of that.

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

^Muddy fender wells...a side effect of having an AWD high-powered car...you want to have fun.

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

Typical of a car that was just on a 4,000 mile road trip in the fall.

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

On to the interior before's...stay tuned!

Interior Before:

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

Not too bad, a little dirty/dusty from PA's dirt farm roads, but nothing a good cleaning cant handle. Now for the nitty gritty:

P21S in all the vents, nooks, cranny's and anywhere else that looked like it might escape the wrath of the car shampoo...

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

Ahh polish prep, gotta love it.

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

As you can see, after washing/claying, there really was not a whole lot of correction to be done. But you know me right? Yeah...I did it anyway...sue me.

and afters!

Sorry for the blurry ones, new camera, still trying to figure out night shots.

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

I started the job at 12:30pm, and finished at around 8 pm. All work was done by hand, except for the first wash was done by pressure washer. LOL.

Questions/comments/concerns?

nice job as usual Army. Can I ask how much you normally charge for these? I was just wondering and if you had any plans on expanding, maybe getting a detail shop going? Or is this just a side job thing?

nice job as usual Army. Can I ask how much you normally charge for these? I was just wondering and if you had any plans on expanding, maybe getting a detail shop going? Or is this just a side job thing?

Its just a side job/hobby for now. I dont charge by flat rate. It depends on length, effort needed and supplies used. In some cases, I have made $1,500 on one car, on others, a simple $50 wash/wax/vaccum is all that is requested. I dont post those, only the ones I go all out on.

This particular job, the customer was charged $250.

Lookin good!

Couple suggestions, the Meg's 26, is that paste or liquid? Reason I ask is if its the liquid it has a lot of cleaners in it and probably removed the Jetseal underneath it...

All by hand? Wow lots of work.

Lookin good!

Couple suggestions, the Meg's 26, is that paste or liquid? Reason I ask is if its the liquid it has a lot of cleaners in it and probably removed the Jetseal underneath it...

All by hand? Wow lots of work.

I misspoke, I wash, clay, wash, polish, glaze wax and sealant. JetSeal is always last applied.