Yay! Bought A 2009 Lexus Es 350

Minette

New to the board and new to Lexus! I only found this board a week ago Sunday -- the day after driving home my brand new Lexus! Coming from a 2003 Honda Accord, so this is a dream for me. My job takes me all over different parts of New York and I was getting concerned with winter coming... and figured if I'm going to drive 100 to maybe 300 miles in a day several times a week, I want to do it in comfort. My test drive of Lexus won over BMW, Saab and Acura for interior comfort and smooth ride.

I bought the black sapphire -- love that color! And I have the navigation package -- OK, not perfect but it beats a paper map by a long shot! Having fun with it. I don't know much about cars -- and apparently many of you do -- but I do LOVE this car. Thrilled that I found this board too as I learned a lot already about maintenance... and it seems I can get some questions answered here. Quick question:

Anyone have any special tips or comments on "defrosting" the back-up camera in winter? Love that feature and would be annoyed to be without due to cold weather, ice, snow, etc... ?

Thanks for letting me share my excitement -- I'm really thrilled!!!! :D

Congratulations on the new car! It is great to hear someone so excited about their new Lexus.

I think with all of the miles you drive you will be happy you purchased the Lexus over the other brands.

I can't answer your question about the backup camera; my Lexus doesn't have one... but our Rav4 came with one! Grrr! :)

Welcome to the club, very happy about your purchase. Great color too. I also have the back-up camera, but I really can't speak with confidence on how to deal with a 'frosty' back-up camera in the winter. I'm in GA, but I used to live in MI where I grew up. Now in the winters we used to do all kind of things to defrost windows, remove ice from windows, light a match to your door key to unlock your door, well you get the point. ....seriously though, I don't think you have much to worry about because the surface area of the camera is small, so ice build up should be minimal . Seems like a non-abrasive brush would clear out any ice-build up, while not scratching the lens. Check with your Lexus service department and see what they recommend. This is a great car and I see you're already loving it!!....Right On........ :cheers:

Congrats on your new Lexus!

I bought mine for the same reason as you. I have a long commute (over 100 miles 5x a week) and I wanted something comfortable. Everyone said get a volvo, but every Lexus I sat in was soooo much more comfortable than anything else. Two months later and my back problems have gone away for the most part and my commute is much more enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay... 3 weeks and 1300 miles later, here is my new Lexus ES 350 in Black Sapphire.

I went yesterday for my 1000 mile checkup and they removed my driver's side mat due to the recall. They told me I will have replacement in two weeks. <_<

Click photos to see full size. I took these this morning.

post-102219-1255202998_thumb.jpg

post-102219-1255203113_thumb.jpg

post-102219-1255203430_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay... 3 weeks and 1300 miles later, here is my new Lexus ES 350 in Black Sapphire.

I went yesterday for my 1000 mile checkup and they removed my driver's side mat due to the recall. They told me I will have replacement in two weeks. <_<

Click photos to see full size. I took these this morning.

Congratulations on your new car. I've had mine for about 50 weeks and 20,000 miles now. I also bought an ES for the ride quality and have not been disappointed. What did amaze me was the gas mileage on the highway. Once it was broken in, I could not believe I could get 30mpg on long steady runs. This 6 cyl almost equals my Audi 4 cyl.

I live in Ohio and have never had an issue with the camera fogging or icing over. In the winter it does get covered with road dirt splashing up. So carry something soft to wipe it off with.

I got Smoky gray mica with black leather. I really wanted the Black Sapphire with beige interior until I realized the carpets were beige too; you'll want to get those floor mats inside between the weather turns.