New Question For Old, Nagging Problem

UNC1972

I would appreciate your experience in answering a question. On my 1993 Lexus LS400, where do the sunroof front drain hole "tubes" terminate? I assume they end under the car but is it in the fender wells, under the body...where? I want to try to resolve my leaking sunroof from the bottom up having had no luck with cleaning out the drain tubes from the top. You people know this car inside and out. Where do these tubes end? Your response is greatly valued and will restore my sanity.

Hi Unc,

It's probably not your drain tubes. I have a 91 and I also have a leak, saw a 92 it has a leak, saw a 94 and it has a leak and they all leak in the same place, at the left front of the sunroof and it messes up the headliner.

I bet yours is doing the same in the exact same place.

I cleaned my drain tubes and that was not the problem. In order to get to where it is leaking, I'm going to have to take the headliner down to see what the problem is.

In the meantime, to save my headliner and other stuff from getting wet, I took a tube of black silicone and sealed the top of the sunroof shut until I get a chance to drop the headliner.

To save your headliner, you should do the same. I'm planning on painting my car soon and when I do I will be taking many parts off the car and I will be dropping the headliner to fix the leak. When I figure out what it takes, I will post a fix on this forum.

You won't be able to open your sunroof, but it will save your headliner until a fix can be posted.

Jerry

To answer the question though, the front tubes terminate behind the fenders, just in front of the door hinges. The rear tubes end in the quarter panels in the trunk, just behind the bumper. You can remove the trunk interior side panels and view them easily.

you need a new sunroof cover. its an updated part basically. My car was leaking for more than two years. Replaced this 1 little piece and voila! i'll get the part number as soon as i find it.

OmarG, your mail box is full and I cant get ahold of you,

need to know:: did you want: water pump, timing belt, idler, distributor caps and rotors? that is all I could find. I have some NEW parts, but you would need to pay for them, plug wires, idler & SP tube seals.

let me know.. bill call 972 395 0678.. bill

I have a sun roof question as well. My roof motor will run after it closes. To stop it I have to push the close switch again to make it stop. Any suggestions on this or on routine maintenance on the roof, seals, etc?

thanks!