1994 Lexus Ls 400 Radio Issue

Larry W

The other day I switched the radio to the AM band only to discover its all static. The FM band works great and 99.9% of the time my radio never leaves this band. Any clue as to what would cause this issue? Almost like there is no antenna attached.

The other day I switched the radio to the AM band only to discover its all static. The FM band works great and 99.9% of the time my radio never leaves this band. Any clue as to what would cause this issue? Almost like there is no antenna attached.

I'm far from expert, but check your antenna. It should go all the way up on AM and it self adjusts on FM. I wish I could get my antenna to fully extend on FM, I have poor reception. Maybe you need to look for another radio, I haven't found a site to repair them or the CD changer. Check dcfish.

I'm far from expert, but check your antenna. It should go all the way up on AM and it self adjusts on FM. I wish I could get my antenna to fully extend on FM, I have poor reception. Maybe you need to look for another radio, I haven't found a site to repair them or the CD changer. Check dcfish.

The antenna does auto adjust on FM. Hate to remove the radio as it sounds excellent on FM.

The antenna does auto adjust on FM. Hate to remove the radio as it sounds excellent on FM.

I am having the exact same problem on my 93 LS400. Would be interested to hear what the cause it also.