Upgrade Dvd Gs 300 2006 To 9.1 ?

i have the gs 300 2006 and the nav dvd is a little outdated. if buy the nav for the 2009 gs model 9.1 will it work with my model car ? also i have a friend with the 2008 dvd if i copy it then it should work the same correct ? if so ill just upload it in torrent n we can all download it n burn it.......

Thanks for your replies. i learned alot about my car from reading these post.

Yeah i definetly will.... this weekend im gonna add the dice converter for my ipod and im thinkin really hard on doing the dvd hack. but i wont lie im very nervous also..l...

I've thought about upgrading my DVD too, but can't bring myself to do it. From what I understand, the sequence of touches that lets you bypass the "safety features" and enter destinations while moving doesn't work with the newer versions. So, if you upgrade, you won't be able to enter destinations while moving.

If someone has figured out a way to get around this with the new versions, I may think about upgrading too!

Yeah i definetly will.... this weekend im gonna add the dice converter for my ipod and im thinkin really hard on doing the dvd hack. but i wont lie im very nervous also..l...

I've thought about upgrading my DVD too, but can't bring myself to do it. From what I understand, the sequence of touches that lets you bypass the "safety features" and enter destinations while moving doesn't work with the newer versions. So, if you upgrade, you won't be able to enter destinations while moving.

If someone has figured out a way to get around this with the new versions, I may think about upgrading too!

Today im gonna install the dice for my ipod connections. im gonna take a look behind and see if its easy to do the dvd bypass. it seems simple but i read some of the problems people ran into and i wont lie im a little nervous. will let you guys know how it go later. if the bypass works then im definitly will upgrade the

dvd....

• 2 months later...

if so ill just upload it in torrent n we can all download it n burn it.......

If and when you get it (Gen. 4 V9.1 DVD) uploaded, let us know how it worked.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

if so ill just upload it in torrent n we can all download it n burn it.......

If and when you get it (Gen. 4 V9.1 DVD) uploaded, let us know how it worked.

Thanks

Hi There

Im new in the forum and read your topic about downloading and burning a copy of Gen4 9.1. How did that work for you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have the gs 300 2006 and the nav dvd is a little outdated. if buy the nav for the 2009 gs model 9.1 will it work with my model car ? also i have a friend with the 2008 dvd if i copy it then it should work the same correct ? if so ill just upload it in torrent n we can all download it n burn it.......

From what I recall from previous post, trying to copy your friends DVD will be problematic. I would encourage you and the others to do a search on the forum for this topic as it has come up several times before.

Good Luck

Paul