Rear Oxygen Sensor

VIRGOPELO

HI TO ALL:

I HAVE A 2002 RX 300 WITH 92000 MILES I HAVE TO REPLACE THE REAR OXYGEN SENSOR BANK ONE SENSOR ONE ,CAN ANY TELL ME IF THE REAR SENSOR IS THE SAME THAT IS ON THE FRONT ? AND IF ANY OF YOU KNOW THE RESISTANCE VALUE I TEST THE ONE IN THE FRONT AND IS 1.6 OHNS AND I TEST THE REAR ONE AND THE RESISTANCE IS INFINITE SO THE SENSOR IS DAMAGE.

I HAVE ON HAND ONE AFTERMARKET SENSOR AND THE VALUE IS 13 OHMS CAN ANY TELL ME IF THIS ONE WILL WORK OR IT HAVE TO BE 1.6 OHNS , I BEING TOLD THE THE AFTERMARKET SENSOR WONT WORK CAN ANY TELL ME IF HAVE USE AN AFTERMARKET SENSOR AND MAKE IT WORK OR ONLY THE DENSO

THANKS TO ALL

HI TO ALL:

I HAVE A 2002 RX 300 WITH 92000 MILES I HAVE TO REPLACE THE REAR OXYGEN SENSOR BANK ONE SENSOR ONE ,CAN ANY TELL ME IF THE REAR SENSOR IS THE SAME THAT IS ON THE FRONT ? AND IF ANY OF YOU KNOW THE RESISTANCE VALUE I TEST THE ONE IN THE FRONT AND IS 1.6 OHNS AND I TEST THE REAR ONE AND THE RESISTANCE IS INFINITE SO THE SENSOR IS DAMAGE.

I HAVE ON HAND ONE AFTERMARKET SENSOR AND THE VALUE IS 13 OHMS CAN ANY TELL ME IF THIS ONE WILL WORK OR IT HAVE TO BE 1.6 OHNS , I BEING TOLD THE THE AFTERMARKET SENSOR WONT WORK CAN ANY TELL ME IF HAVE USE AN AFTERMARKET SENSOR AND MAKE IT WORK OR ONLY THE DENSO

THANKS TO ALL

What are you testing, the heater which would be the 2 black wires? If so, the reading should be .8- 1.4 Ohms at 68 degrees F. The 13 Ohms is definitely not correct. They told you correctly when they told you not to use aftermarket sensors. They often don't work and your light comes back on. I would buy a Denso and be done with it. By the way, your caps lock is stuck on.

By the way, your caps lock is stuck on.

HUH? WHAT DID YOU SAY?? CAN'T HEAR YA'!! Sorry, the devil made me do that :lol:

Hi and thanks for the replay and yes my CAPS was locked on sorry abut that ,jajajajaja :D

so probably the generic sensor wont work right so i will try to get the denso one ,and by the way this is my wife car and has being with the light on for the last 6 month and i believe that wont damage the engine or anything but i will like to see if i can improve the millage / gallons

thanks to all

so probably the generic sensor wont work right so i will try to get the denso one ,and by the way this is my wife car and has being with the light on for the last 6 month and i believe that wont damage the engine or anything but i will like to see if i can improve the millage / gallons

thanks to all

If you were talking about the heater resistance, and with the #'s, I assume you were, I can't say it won't make ANY difference, but I doubt it will make much. If you do a search on Google and read up on the function of the heater, especially in Florida, you'll see that it doesn't function much anyway in the summer. It shouldn't have done any damage. The new sensor may function better in what it's supposed to do, but the heater will have little effect on it.