Cd Changer Replacement In Sc400

Does anyone know if the new Nakamichi MF-51 5 disc MusicBank CD changer can be used to replace the factory installed Lexus Nakamichi CD changer in a '92 sc400? If the answer is yes, is there any adapter that is needed, and if it is, are there any leads where it can it be purchased?

Thanks for the information. Originally, I was going to swap out for the '92 model, at least with the cd changer from 96 or 95 I am getting a slightly newer model.

I really do want to keep the stock Nakamichi system, it keeps the look of the car the same and it is a quality system. I've replaced the front and rear speakers and the sound it excellent! With some modification of the front speaker boxes I was able to install 5 1/4 Polk components. I did the back first so I used the same size that was in there originally. I may or may not replace them with something larger later. Right now I just want to get the cd changer installed, I am tired of listening to the radio.

no lexus made it impossible to use anything other than a first genedrtion lexus changer. i recommnend a 95 or 96 es300 6 disc. they never skip and play cdrs well. email for pictures at pioneersuby@woh.rr.com

How difficult was the swap? I have a 92 SC400 with base stereo. The spouse wants a CD in the cabin.

does your 1992 sc radio id number p1600 or p6800? the id number is on the cassette flap door. the p1600 system was the base system and does not lend itself to any cd changer hook up at all. it has an internal amp and was not prewired with a cd changer cable. the p6800 pioneer cd changer button radio would bean easy upgrade to a plug in and play install for an es300 cd changer mounted under the passenger seat . i have the custom cables to run a new cd changer cable to the inside location. there is no way to use the prewired trunk cable as it is in the middle of the 2 inch thick main wiring harness.

• 1 month later...
does your 1992 sc radio id number p1600 or p6800? the id number is on the cassette flap door. the p1600 system was the base system and does not lend itself to any cd changer hook up at all. it has an internal amp and was not prewired with a cd changer cable. the p6800 pioneer cd changer button radio would bean easy upgrade to a plug in and play install for an es300 cd changer mounted under the passenger seat . i have the custom cables to run a new cd changer cable to the inside location. there is no way to use the prewired trunk cable as it is in the middle of the 2 inch thick main wiring harness.

I have a 92 SC400 with P6800 on the cassette flap. The CD changer I had in the trunk was a Sony. It's gone (gonegonegone not coming back) and I need a new/refurb unit. Can I use the same ES300 changer mentioned in a previous response?

Help/suggestions would be appreciated.

YES THE 92 TO 96 ES300 CD CHANGER WORKS WELL IN SC APPLICATION. I HAVE A CD CHANER BRACKET THA FITS THE ES300 CHANGER THAT ALLOWS THE CHANGER TO SLIDE OUT OF HE COVE IT IS INSTALLED IN SO THE MAGAZINE CAN BE INSERTED. . OHERWISE THE CHANGER HAS TO BE MOUNTED SIDEWAYS STICKING OUT IN THE TRUNK SPACE 2 TO 3 INCHES. SEND FOR PICTUES OF THE CHANGER AND BRACKET. PIONEERSUBY@WOH.RR.COM

• 3 months later...

I have a 94 SC400 and some CDs do not play (originals) and they produce the popular ERR message. I think I need a new changer. From what I read above, the ES changer is more stable, and can replace the current one I have.

My questions is, what is needed besides an ES changer to get me back on track? Do I just purhcase an ES changer, and it will plug where my current one is just fine? That would be awesome.

Another question is: Does anyone know a solution to the LCD bleeding problem besides changing the head unit?

Thank you!