Sc300 Advice

flynzebra

I want to buy a 96 sc300. It had 126,000 miles on the car. And my friend bought it when it had 40,000. It goes in for regular checkups, but never has had the timing belt replaced. Are the lexus engines zero-tolerance? Will the engine suffer from a busted timing belt? Any other suggestions i could look at would be appreciated.

Also its black with the gold package. Anything special you can tell me about the gold package.

Im looking at a 7000 to 9000 price tag.

howdy.i have a black sc300 with the gold package. and all that means is your emblems are plastic and are painted gold along with other various small things like your antenna, key hold, emblem on your rim. nothing special i prefer the silver. all engines will suffer from a busted timing belt, get the car, replace the timming belt. and have fun, oh yah check the guage lighting for dimming, the 12 disk cd changer if it works or not, check for gunk under the oil cap,

I want to buy a 96 sc300. It had 126,000 miles on the car. And my friend bought it when it had 40,000. It goes in for regular checkups, but never has had the timing belt replaced. Are the lexus engines zero-tolerance? Will the engine suffer from a busted timing belt? Any other suggestions i could look at would be appreciated.

Also its black with the gold package. Anything special you can tell me about the gold package.

Im looking at a 7000 to 9000 price tag.

Do the belt and the water pump while you are at it.

Good insurance.

Good luck