Detailing - Windows

Lexica

What in the world is it?

Ha ha! That's exactly my question! It's some kind of a water repellent/coating used for windshields. It's all in Japanese. I'm meeting some Japanese friends for lunch tomorrow and will ask them to translate it for me. I just thought somebody on the forum might have used the product and could offer insights.

Thanks for the link!

Met with my J. friends today and they said it's a water repellent you apply to the windshield and don't need to use the wipers in the rain. Neat technology! I think I'm going to test it on my old car first though :-)

Sounds like "Rain-X", something I would never use on my windshield. Once you start using it you can't stop. If you do, and try to use your wipers they will shutter across the glass until you reapply it. The glass will also get cloudy once it starts to wear off.

3M has a sponge (white in color) that is sort of like steel wool, but very soft. It is made for glass. It cleans great, it removes the haze where the wipers don't touch the glass.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to wax/buff my windows a couple of times a year. My 07 ES350 Ultra Luxury has sat outside for most of its life being that I am at college and what not. I am pleased to say that there is not a single spot of acid rain damage or water spots on my car, I have taken impeccable care of it, it just depends on how much effort you put into it :) The water ALWAYS beads up on the glass the water just slides off better than any car I've driven!