Alternate Cleaning Of Headlight Lenses?

Wubbman

Due to some recent events, I have a new headlight housing. This will now contrast to the other headlight, which is experiencing high levels of fog. I know there is a way to take the headlight off and dunk it in hot water or something to take the lens off and clean it. Frankly, the thought of doing that terrifies me (it would be my luck I would break the thing), so I was wondering if there is an alternative. I don't know at the moment, but how big are the holes that the actual headlight bulbs fit into? If they are of sufficient size, is it possible to get a little dowl with a cloth or something on it into the housing to clean the lens? To those who have done it, what is the fog stuff like? Does it just wipe away or is it tougher than that? Can it be blown away? It would be very easy to get a bottle of compressed air to shoot into the housing. Basically, is there any way to clear the fog up besides taking the housing apart or by buying a new headlight? Thanks to anyone who can help. :cheers:

you might try using a power buffer and a few types of rubbing compound if you have access to anything like that on the outside of the housing. I was really surprised at how much yellow i got out of my lenses. Doesnt solve the fogging problem but they'll look brand new.

The fog is likely just condensation so it'll come right out but will probably come back again. Best way is to heat it up in the oven and take it apart. While you're at it might as well clear your corners by removing the yellow lenses, looks sharp. Theres lots of info on here on how to do that. I did it, wasn't that hard. When you're done you can silicone it back up real good and not have to worry about that condensation coming back

My driver's side headlight had some BAD condensation a while back.. But hasn't come back since. The only problem now is that it looks different... a little in comparison to the other one. I was going to do the oven thing, but haven't had time. Also, I am a little scared on it not working... Cuz someone did the black painting inside previously, and I don't know what kind of sealent they used.. Might not even budge. :chairshot: