Navigation Audio Settings

When my Nav system gives me guidance (e.g. announce a turn), the radio (or satellite) audio continues during the guidance announcement.

Wonder if there is a setting I missed which would 'mute' all audio functions during guidance announcements?

Thanks,

RX350

When my Nav system gives me guidance (e.g. announce a turn), the radio (or satellite) audio continues during the guidance announcement.

Wonder if there is a setting I missed which would 'mute' all audio functions during guidance announcements?

Thanks,

RX350

Good question, and I'm curious about the same thing. I always end up reaching for the audio volume control to turn it down when I hear the chime for a guidance announcement.. <_<

On my 08 RX it mutes only the drivers side and not all the speakers, i'm not sure which one it speaks on but I think it is up on the dash. When I first got my RX I thought there was a problem with the sound system cutting out on the drivers side at times till I figured it was the navigation muting a speaker and giving directions that I couldn't hear because of the stereo being turned up to loud. I turned the stereo down a bit and then I could hear the navigation directions.

Jeff

Thanks,

RX350

NO mute, but you can increase the the volume on guidance announments. I have mine set on 3 and its plenty loud.

Thanks,

RX350

NO mute, but you can increase the the volume on guidance announments. I have mine set on 3 and its plenty loud.

Can you describe how the volume is adjusted for the nav announcements? Is it in the audio menu, or another setting screen?

Thanks..

Thanks,

RX350

Can you describe how the volume is adjusted for the nav announcements? Is it in the audio menu, or another setting screen?

Thanks..

Push the "MENU" button , then select "VOLUME" on your screen. "ADAPTIVE VOLUME CONTROL" should appear, then select the setting you desire.

• 2 years later...

I’m disappointed that there are no more recent post/questions on this. I just traded my 2004 330-ES for my 2013 RX-350. One of the first things I noticed was that, unlike the 2004 ES, the volume of the radio/cd did NOT cut back when the nav system gave guidance. Very frustration that Lexus would see fit to do away with such a convenient feature. Any solution to this other than maxing out the Guidance Volume?