Request For Tire Recommendation (2007 Is 250 Rwd)

Black,

Did you buy the summer model or all-season model, if I may ask?

Wanted to update everyone with my status...

I bought the Sumitomos from TireRack (as usual very good experience). Got them installed early last week and have driven them for few hundreds of miles. Here is my take on them:

- Definitely much much better handling

- Ride is actually smoother

- Feels like I can take turns at much higher speeds than the BS potenzas

- Best tires for the money hands down

Thanks to all for providing valuable information!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm in the process of buying new tires for my '06 IS 250 RWD. My current set of tires Pirelli PZero Nero M+S Ultra High Performance are almost gone. So far 35k with them, very good handling and traction, but noisy and very bad on snow. After checking Tirerack.com's ratings and Consumer Reports Buying Guide, I've decided to go with Continental ExtremeContact DWS Ultra High Performance All-Season. Very good ratings, and in some cases better than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Sport. But with the Continental, you'll save approx. $200. A friend of mine bought these for his VW GTI and is very pleased.

But if we didn't get that much snow here, I would opt for Sumitomo HTR A/S P01(W) or Kumho Ecsta ASX where the total amount for 4-set is approx. $400 + shipping and installation.

Any comments?