My 90 Ls400 Starts When It Wants To

LS 4000

My 1990 LS400, would start sometimes and not others it smeems at ramdon. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel pump relay now it still starts sometimes and not others any suggestions???? :o

What led you to think it was fuel pump etc in the first place? Do you still think fuel starved or something else? Have to tried ignition tests?

well when i try to start it the engine just cranks without firing, i pulled the wire from each coil pack im not getting any arcing, a mechanic suggested changing the crankshaft position sensor but so far ive only been able to locate references to camshaft position sensors online.....

my original thought of fuel was just me trying to eliminate causes i figured the worst that could come of that was the fuel components being replaced

:( :(

The LS has two igniters and two coils. If you don't have spark at either coil, check power and signal to the igniters. You may have a wiring/ECU issue if both igniters are out as it's rare for them to go bad, especially both of them, and when they do it's uncommon they'll work erratically.

im having the same problem with my Lexus. did diagnostic and got 13 14 called Lexus dealership and said crankshaft position signal and camshaft p signal. Changed out ignition coil on top and was running fine. Then was only left with code 13. Then suddenly started stalling out then no start at all. Did check again same codes 13 14 its driving me crazy. did you solve the problem yet. :censored: email back or call kenethomp@yahoo.com 210 6933406

No im still having starts and no starts. I also changed out the crankshaft position sensor with no luck i haven't changed the camshaft positon sensors yet, just got those in. Also OBD1 codes 17 & 18 are for the cam shaft sensors don't know why lexus would tell you 13 and 14 are... maybe call another dealer. Good luck