2005 Es330 Repair - Fluid Leak + Dash Lights

Wmson2000

I've had my '05 ES330 for about 6 weeks. It's a CPO car with 52K miles.

It went to Lexus for repair work today.

• About 3 weeks after I bought car I noticed oil drips on the garage floor. I first thought it was motor oil but later noticed a pink color so trans fluid I guess. Lexus looked at the car and said it was a rear axle seal leak. They ordered parts and that's the initial reason for today's service. Service will be covered by CPO warranty.
  • Earlier this week I noticed Check Engine Light/VSC/Trac Off dash lights came on. Not sure if related to the previous problem. I filled with gas and screwed the gas cap tight but lights are still on. No distinguishable difference in drive quality or gas mileage but haven't driven too many miles.
  • Driver side door weatherstripping (the inside weatherstripping) is pulling away from top of the door frame - no big deal but I added it to the list. Doubtful if CPO warranty will cover this one. Anyone know how much that might cost to replace?

I did a forum search and read a few threads about these issues (first two, anyway).

Anything I should be aware of or watch out for? TSB's or reoccurring problems?

Thanks in advance!

Many issues can cause the "Check Engine Light/VSC/Trac Off dash lights" -- have the dealer check for stored codes.

I counted 79 items in the list of "Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls" for the 2005 ES330 in the ARRC database. Don't worry. It may sound like a lot but most are informational. I suggest you review the list either by getting it from your Lexus dealer or by checking ARRC or some other website. ARRC can be accessed through the websites of many public libraries -- usually requires a library card and password.

Parts can be obtained at discount from many websites. Lists of the companies have been posted on this forum in the past. One good one is parts.com.