Nasty Headlight Lense

I have never done anything to my headlight lenses and they were looking really nasty. No yellow color, but after washing the car, they still looked really dirty. I bought a product made by Turtle Wax called headlight lense restorer. It has two bottles of chemicals. One they call a clarifier and the other is a lubricant for sanding really bad lenses. I just used the clarifier and now the lenses look brand new. Just wanted to let people know this product really works. I don't work for Turtle wax or have any connection with them whatsoever. I am getting to the point where I am amazed a product works as advertised.

I have never done anything to my headlight lenses and they were looking really nasty. No yellow color, but after washing the car, they still looked really dirty. I bought a product made by Turtle Wax called headlight lense restorer. It has two bottles of chemicals. One they call a clarifier and the other is a lubricant for sanding really bad lenses. I just used the clarifier and now the lenses look brand new. Just wanted to let people know this product really works. I don't work for Turtle wax or have any connection with them whatsoever. I am getting to the point where I am amazed a product works as advertised.

You can get a kit from Advance Auto for about $10. Comes with a polishing buffer for a drill and several pads. Have done three cars with one kit and have pads enough for one more. Very good results. Firestone wanted $100 to do it. It's called , 5 minute Headlamp Lens Restorer.

You can get a kit from Advance Auto for about $10. Comes with a polishing buffer for a drill and several pads. Have done three cars with one kit and have pads enough for one more. Very good results. Firestone wanted $100 to do it. It's called , 5 minute Headlamp Lens Restorer.

be sure to reseal them AFTER you do this. it works but it will be temp and the ore times you clean them the faster they will return to this state.

I had the same problem with my headlights and purchased Meguiar's Headlight Restoration Kit from O'Reilly for $22. It comes with a bottle of PlastX and a buffing pad that attaches to a standard drill. Taped off my headlights and went to work with the buffing pad. The results are very impressive. My lenses look brand new now. You may have to do a couple applications if they're really hazed up like mine were.

Additionally, I had taken out my instrument cluster to remove some Armor All that had been sprayed onto it and had bonded to the plexiglas. I tried removing it with Plexus cleaner and a cloth but had no luck and was ready to order a new cluster lens from ebay. I had also scratched the cluster lens severely with a brillo pad in a desperate attempt to remove the Armor All when all else failed--still no luck. Then I decided to use the PlastX and buffing pad on it. Presto, my cluster lens looks brand spanking new now.

This product is a little more expensive than the others that have been mentioned, but it absolutely works. No questions.