Low Volume

ja73

I have a 98 GS400 with the nakamichi system I am having a problem with low volume in the drivers side door speaker.when I really crank the volume the sound comes back for a short time then goes low again anyone experience this problem. any info will be greatly appreciated. trying to keep the factory look on the dash don't want to install an aftermarket. Besides keeps the criminals away when they see the factory head unit. Also does any one know how to hook a nakamichi headunit up to aftermarket amps without going through the factory amp first? I've tried everything and it won't work!

The following Floridia company repaired the Nak in my 00 LS but they seem to be getting out of the Nak repair business due to the lack of parts availability: http://www.carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

The webpage I supplied says you can send for a "Nakamichi Troubleshooting" guide.

The right side speakers of my Nak system were cutting out early last year. I assumed it was an amp problem before I put my Nak amp in a friends car to test it. The problem turned out to be a loose connection in the balance control of the head unit. They resoldered it and it has worked fine ever since.

You might try contacting them -- I found them very helpful.