Clear Protective Mask/bra

Does anyone out there have a clear mask/bra? I'm thinking about getting it done, but I'm a tad bit uneasy about paying around $700 for it. Also, I can't really imagine it being "invisible" since most of the masks/bras I've read about don't cover the entire hood. Any input is appreciated :)

Does anyone out there have a clear mask/bra? I'm thinking about getting it done, but I'm a tad bit uneasy about paying around $700 for it. Also, I can't really imagine it being "invisible" since most of the masks/bras I've read about don't cover the entire hood. Any input is appreciated :)

I have a 2007 IS250 AWD. I had the bra put on this summer. I like it it comes up about a 1/3 of the way on the hood. I wish they offered it when I purchased my car. You can see the line but it is not very noticable. They do a really good job of applying it. $700 is very pricey I agree. I would suggest looking on the Lexus website and look for is 250 coupe assesories for a picture also next time at your dealership see if they have a vehicle and or loaner on the lot with the mask on. That's what I did and I was able to see it on a actual vehicle.

John

I would do it. I have it on my car (Black Sapphire Pearl). 1/3 up the hood doesn't bother me. The paint on the Lexus is too soft not to do it. I also had it put on my wife's new MDX. I too was skeptical. I did in both circumstances ask for a better price. I think I paid 550 -600 on the Lexus and $500 on the Acura. I wouldn't put a mile on the thing without it. The longer you wait the harder it is to get the stuff on without any in-perfections trapped beneath.

You will be kicking yourself when you are constantly walking around the front end of the car with touch up paint.

I had it done on a couple other high end cars. Regrettably, not on the Lexus, and it shows after 22K miles.

Some dealers have an installer who will put it on before the car leaves the lot.

If not, and you have had to drive it as little as 100 miles before doing it, clay bar the car before applying.

I have one on my '09 IS250.

Its great! Most the bugs get hit by the bra and its pretty easy to clean off. Most people I ask did not notice the bra on it. However, I think it might be more visible later on. Less than a year and I started noticing a bit of peeling and some bubbles under the bra. Not very noticeable unless you are doing some detail cleaning. Given time, I think it show.... When I put wax on it, the leftover wax tends to get cluttered on the edges of the bra so its more white and visible. But once you do detail cleaning (exhausting!) it should be fine. I should probably get some car tape and then apply the wax but I'm too lazy to get tape :)

Anyways, I think the bra is a good deal but its not perfect. Just like taping a book together...eventually that tape will wear off. I'm happy with the investment :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have one on my '09 IS250.

Its great! Most the bugs get hit by the bra and its pretty easy to clean off. Most people I ask did not notice the bra on it. However, I think it might be more visible later on. Less than a year and I started noticing a bit of peeling and some bubbles under the bra. Not very noticeable unless you are doing some detail cleaning. Given time, I think it show.... When I put wax on it, the leftover wax tends to get cluttered on the edges of the bra so its more white and visible. But once you do detail cleaning (exhausting!) it should be fine. I should probably get some car tape and then apply the wax but I'm too lazy to get tape :)

Anyways, I think the bra is a good deal but its not perfect. Just like taping a book together...eventually that tape will wear off. I'm happy with the investment :)

I had it done on a couple other high end cars. Regrettably, not on the Lexus, and it shows after 22K miles.

Some dealers have an installer who will put it on before the car leaves the lot.

If not, and you have had to drive it as little as 100 miles before doing it, clay bar the car before applying.