New Shocks

katzjamr

i am inheriting a 1999, rx300 with 125,000 in great shape but the ride has deteriorated. the tires are new, transmission serviced but never broken down, go figure, and wondering what shocks did anyone use for replacement. thanks

i am inheriting a 1999, rx300 with 125,000 in great shape but the ride has deteriorated. the tires are new, transmission serviced but never broken down, go figure, and wondering what shocks did anyone use for replacement. thanks

Most, including me, have used KYB GR2 aka Excel. They are made in Japan and are very high quality with EXACT fit and finish. Pretty sure KYB was the OEM supplier for our RX's. RockAuto has the best price I could find. Look for a 5% off coupon - they are readily available. Do a search here and you will find some great installation tips, especially by LexMex. Many may not agree with me but I say spring the extra bucks and buy Toyota factory mounts. Your front bearings are probably fine - just clean them well with mineral spirits and repack them. The bearing easily pulls apart for servicing. Make sure you don't have ball bearings all over your garage floor. How would I know that could happen? :rolleyes: