Nav Install

jmcohen23

Just curious to see if anyone has pics/suggestions for installing a Garmin GPS navigation in their RX300? My 1999 model cannot accept an in-dash install, so I'm stuck with mounting it elsewhere. Currently, I have it stuck on the windshield on the left-hand side of the steering wheel. this location worked great for me, as it was easily accessible and easy to read during my recent 4-hr trip.

however, despite the wires hanging down, and for the most part, out of the way, I would like to hide them behind the panels.

is this possible?

thanks!

Sure it's possible. I did something similar in our 2000 LS400 (Magellan Roadmate on a Pro.Fit Legend Bracket) and 1998 Camry (Garmin Nuvi 260W on a Pro.Fit extension bracket). Additional information on both installations are in my forum album: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...m&album=131

Here is a link to the Pro.Fit bracket installation instructions list: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Compatibility2.cfm

Although only one bracket is listed for the 99 RX, take a look at the RX330 instructions for the "G3" bracket for Garmin Nuvi. Just because it isn't listed for your RX model year, doesn't mean it will not work. Even if the G3 won't work, you can use a Panavise or other brand AMPS Garmin adapter like I did in our Camry.

Pro.Fit is certainly not the only bracket company but they are my favorite. Consider sending them a question asking whether the G3 bracket will fit your 99 RX (it almost certainly will). When I asked a question a few months ago, they gave me a 10% discount code and free shipping.