Lexus Interior Cleaning

Hi there, I'm a proud new owner of my first Lexus (2006 GS430) and naturally, I want to take as much care of it as I can. So, since I purchased my vehicle used with some minor wear and tear and about 37k miles, I wanted to get opinions from the veterans about what you use to clean the inside of your vehicle. Please help me choose the right stuff (safe and effective).

Sorry for the long post, I did try to search but couldn't find all the answers. Thanks in advance for your help!

A ) Dash Wood Trim: My car has some fingerprints and what appears to be food smudges on the wood trim.

B ) Gauge Screen and Navigation Screen: What fabric and cleaning solution (if any) should I use?

C ) Dash Plastic: I used Armor-All with a lint free cloth in my old accord but I'm hesitant to use that stuff on such a nice interior. What works?

D ) Leather Seats: I read most of the posts and have heard mixed messages about this. Has anyone had luck using a cloth with warm water to clean and then hitting it with leather conditioner? I always thought water and leather were a no-no but am I wrong?

E ) Carpet and Rubber Smudges on Plastic: I guess the previous owner had black boots and when they got in/out of the car, it left some black smudges along the tan plastic near the door and by the floor. What is the best solution to clean this?

F ) Smoke Smell: I think the previous owner smoked and I don't. What's the best way for me to get rid of the smoke smell? I'm obviously going to get an air freshener but if there is a more permanent solution to get rid of the smoke smell, that would be great.

THANKS AGAIN!

A. try a sponge with warm soapy water. Then just a damp sponge to get the soap off. Then pledge to shine it up.

B. I just use a micro-fiber cloth with a light spray of water (very light)

C. I hate Amor-All, it dries stuff out. I leave this one to my detailer.

D. Lexol or Surf City Leather treatment (has cocoa butter and aloe in it).

E. Formula 409, Fantastic or Simple Green and lots of elbow grease and a scotch-birte pad works well.

F. Take it to the dealership (doesn't have to be Lexus), ask for a cabin ionic deodorization treatment. Works great for cigarette, cigar and pet odors.

steviej

or do what I do. Pay $250 and take it to a professional detailer for "The Works"

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there, I'm a proud new owner of my first Lexus (2006 GS430) and naturally, I want to take as much care of it as I can. So, since I purchased my vehicle used with some minor wear and tear and about 37k miles, I wanted to get opinions from the veterans about what you use to clean the inside of your vehicle. Please help me choose the right stuff (safe and effective).

Sorry for the long post, I did try to search but couldn't find all the answers. Thanks in advance for your help!

A ) Dash Wood Trim: My car has some fingerprints and what appears to be food smudges on the wood trim.

B ) Gauge Screen and Navigation Screen: What fabric and cleaning solution (if any) should I use?

C ) Dash Plastic: I used Armor-All with a lint free cloth in my old accord but I'm hesitant to use that stuff on such a nice interior. What works?

D ) Leather Seats: I read most of the posts and have heard mixed messages about this. Has anyone had luck using a cloth with warm water to clean and then hitting it with leather conditioner? I always thought water and leather were a no-no but am I wrong?

E ) Carpet and Rubber Smudges on Plastic: I guess the previous owner had black boots and when they got in/out of the car, it left some black smudges along the tan plastic near the door and by the floor. What is the best solution to clean this?

F ) Smoke Smell: I think the previous owner smoked and I don't. What's the best way for me to get rid of the smoke smell? I'm obviously going to get an air freshener but if there is a more permanent solution to get rid of the smoke smell, that would be great.

THANKS AGAIN!

Use Microfiber towels

A.) Clean with mild soap and water. Damp cloth and wipe up. Afterwards, I like to polish, shine, and protect using Klasse All-In-One on the wood trim.

B.) Avoid scratches by 1st spraying the dust off with canned air sprays. Then clean with damp towel. I follow up by polishing and protecting the screen with Klasse All-In-One

C.) I use water on Dash only. Might use, but very sparingly. Avoid using armor-all on anything you own.

D.) Water on leather to clean is FINE. The problem is too much water or letting water sit and soak into leather. I recommend 2 products: Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner. Follow the directions and use every few months, and your leather and car will always look/smell new. If you have any rough spots, then you should use a matching color or neutral color Urad cream.

E.) Microfiber, soap+water, elbow grease.

F.) Shampoo the carpets. Clean the leather seats. Change the cabin air filter. You may need to buy an unscented odor remover. Not fabreeze. Need to look for something legitimate.