92 Sc400 Injen Intake Install Ck Engine Help

sc400 pilot

Greets im a usual visitor and have found many awesome things on here about how to maintain and twek my car i have a 92 sc400 1 owner im the 2nd that just this weel turmned over 90.000 miles i knbow cool huh it is showroom new as well anyway it has always run fine never given me any trouble i had one center catr pulled as in the japan soarer version , and put a K&N air filter in the stock intake that worked quite well i might add 2 years this way no problem at all stunning car!!, well my birthday last week and i got a injen intake i had been longing for after reading so much about them im quite versed in engines and mechanics so i put it on my self no probs 40 min install, ok runs fine however after the car warmed up and the iac reduced the idle the ck engine light came on i go to drive it it goes off, the car runs totally normal but the ck engine light comes on and off and while idling always comes on, well after reading all the threads and simaler issues i just cleamed the IAC this morning and thought forsure it is done started the car as usual no ck engine light seems fine, then after warm up, damn it comes on again i get it rolloing or rev it up goes off, it is driving me crazy the only other thing is at max throttle like when punching it at a cerrtain point it will cough like starving for fuel or to rich i cant quite make it out please advise and give some imput im dying for more data and im afraid i have exhauseted all options i have reset the ECU and cked the MAF all the basics what could cause this ? all ideas welcome everything is being conmsidered thanks... :wacko:

post-101302-1252362596_thumb.jpg

Greets im a usual visitor and have found many awesome things on here about how to maintain and twek my car i have a 92 sc400 1 owner im the 2nd that just this weel turmned over 90.000 miles i knbow cool huh it is showroom new as well anyway it has always run fine never given me any trouble i had one center catr pulled as in the japan soarer version , and put a K&N air filter in the stock intake that worked quite well i might add 2 years this way no problem at all stunning car!!, well my birthday last week and i got a injen intake i had been longing for after reading so much about them im quite versed in engines and mechanics so i put it on my self no probs 40 min install, ok runs fine however after the car warmed up and the iac reduced the idle the ck engine light came on i go to drive it it goes off, the car runs totally normal but the ck engine light comes on and off and while idling always comes on, well after reading all the threads and simaler issues i just cleamed the IAC this morning and thought forsure it is done started the car as usual no ck engine light seems fine, then after warm up, damn it comes on again i get it rolloing or rev it up goes off, it is driving me crazy the only other thing is at max throttle like when punching it at a cerrtain point it will cough like starving for fuel or to rich i cant quite make it out please advise and give some imput im dying for more data and im afraid i have exhauseted all options i have reset the ECU and cked the MAF all the basics what could cause this ? all ideas welcome everything is being conmsidered thanks... :wacko:

I also put it back to stock to ck and see if there was anything in the new injen makijng it foul or cause problems and no same issues remain so i put the injen back on a thourough proper install yet periodic light for ck engine at idle goes off while driving or at higher rpm anyone????? anything thanks

post-101302-1252385739_thumb.jpg

ok update after thouroughly exhausting all possabilities we went to lexus only repair ,well they were as stumped as I ,they even had a guy from the lexus dealership come over to assist, we all used the guide i found here on code, and code retriveal and clearing, well the lexus guy was able to go one level further, after we cleared the iac and, even though i had cked the MAF mass air flow, it looked like just one of the sensors in the mass airflow was not working IE the sensor was working but only partially then beyond a failed point, the sc400 ecu has the ability to ignor the problem to continue running, other codes that come on later are due to inaccuracy of the current item whatever it may be in this case the mass air flow sensor sending out inaccurate data, therefore intermitten light on light off that kept pointing us back to the IAC which is fine, so final decison was to replace the MAF, well a new one is 1338.00 including the aluminum throttle body piece it sits in ,which is rediculous, after searching through endless shops i found one 125.00 delivered with housing, well it arrived i cleared the system started the car and , damn light still on, ok we are really confused now right,, but hold on... i say well hell no worries ill take it out we will try again allthought reving the engine having it in neutral and all of these other factors produced no change, driving it did!! it seem to have plenty of fuel and acts like it is learning to take all the air allthough it is still in a state of education we will call it ,the light has remained off the the amount of fuel it is dumping is high as mentioned i think it is still learing to balance the air fuerl mixture but a very serious change maby to much so, but that is the latest in injen upgrades also note:: i dont have the stock injen i got the injen pro tuned dyno tested CYBORG system supposedly the most advanced one for the sc400 as im told thus making breakl in longer but perhaps more than i expected for a highquality cold air intake, more to follow as it becomes avalible and hope this helps someone ..i do love the look and power when consistant but be careful what you wish for my main hope is that im not prematurely taking years off the cars engine life with this hi performance enhancement. all though seeming simple it has gone way beyond what i expected for a mild bolt on perfomance item..

OK FINAL NOTE: REPAIRED AND FANTASIC , OK I COULD GO INTO LONG DRAWN OUT REASONS ON COMPUTERS THIER THINKIJNG PROGRAMMING RESETTING AND OTHER FACTORS BUT SOMETIMES WE OMIT THE OBVIOUS, THIS CLOSING NOTE IS NOT TO DO EXACTLY THAT, AFTER THE INTIAL INSTALL NOTEING THE CAR RAN SO RICH AND YET SUCH A SMALL AIR FLOW THEN WHEN DRIVEN RAN FINE BUT WAS ALWAYS LEAN AND CAUSED IDLE PROBLEMS, AFTER PUTTING THE NEW maf ON IT WAS RUNNING SO RICH IT COULD BARLY FUNCTION, SO ...THINK... THINK.... THINK, THE AIRFURL MIXTURE SETTING IS MADE BY ACTION NOT A FIRM SETTING ON THE COMPUTER IT HAS A MEMORY AS DOES THE THROTTLE POSITIONING SENSOR, WELL AFTER SEEING THE NEW MAF SENSOR MADE IT RUN DOGG !Removed! RICH YET NO LIGHT AND SYSTEM SAID FINE I REALISED THE AIRFLOW MIXTURE HAD RESET IT SELF DURING ACTION!! NOT RESETTING OR BLANKING THE ECU MEMORY BY DISCOMMINGTING THE BATTERY OR EFI FUSE THEREFORE I THOUGHT JUST FOR GRINS WITH THE INTAKE FUEL MIXTURE RESET WHAT IF I JUST PUT THE FIRST MAF BACK ON THAT WAS RUNNING LEAN AND SEE IF THEY COMMUNICATE OR IE PROGRAM THE ECU BEYOND A BASIC RESET BUT RECONFIG BY ACTION, AND THUS IT DID INFACT OCCUR THE IDLE IS PERFECT THE POWER BAND WIDE AND SMOOTH AND THE TOP END NO CHOKING OUT AND JUST RIGHT AMOUNT OF FUEL SIGNING THROUGH THE CYLINDERS , IN RETRO SPECT PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY FUNCTION YOU AND THE CAR GO THROUGH MAKE NOTES FORGET NOTHING HAD I NOT RECONSILED THIS ON MY OWN THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOTAL ECU REPLACEMENT AFTER REPLACING THE MAF BUT IN REALITY THE ONLY THING WAS THEE NEW MAF RE SET AND REPROGRAMMED THE MAIN ECU FOR MORE FIUEL OR STANDARD RICH AMOUNT FOR THE MASS NEW AMOUNT OF AIR GOING INTO THE ENGINE AND THE AIRFUEL MIXTURE AND IAC FOLLOWED SUIT IT IS TRULY AMAZING IN POWER SMOOTHNESS AND RESPONSE. FINAL NOTE INJEN IS AWESOME WORTH THE HEADACHE AND IS MORE THAN WAS EXPECTED IN A SIMPLE COLD AIR INTAKE PUT ONE ON BUT DONT TAKE IOT LIGHTLY BECAREFUL WATCH EVERYTHING AND DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE THINKING OF YOUR CAR IT RESPONDS TO WHAT IT IS TOLD JUST LIKE ANY SIMPLE COMPUTER DOES AND SOMTIMES THE EASIEST THINGS TO FIX ARE THE HARDEST TO DETERMINE....

post-101302-1253090367_thumb.jpg