Sc430 Wheel & Tire Advise Needed

Seahorse

Hello,

I have an SC 430 with ~13,000 miles. Still have the run flats. I found out last week that I have 3 bent wheels.

I drove in the rain the other day and thought that I was going to wreck - the car was sliding all over the place. By looking at these forums, it seems like my best option is to replace the bent wheels and then buy non run flats. I have a couple of questions - have any of you been successful in getting the dealer to absorb the cost of changing out your run flats and/or repairing the bent wheels? It seems to me that if so many people have bent wheels, apparently because of the run flats, Lexus should be prepared to offer some kind of reimbursement or option. My car should not need new wheels and tires after only 13,000 miles!

My other question is to just ask for general advise - what type of wheels and tires have SC 430 owners been satisfied with?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have an SC 430 with ~13,000 miles. Still have the run flats. I found out last week that I have 3 bent wheels.

I drove in the rain the other day and thought that I was going to wreck - the car was sliding all over the place. By looking at these forums, it seems like my best option is to replace the bent wheels and then buy non run flats. I have a couple of questions - have any of you been successful in getting the dealer to absorb the cost of changing out your run flats and/or repairing the bent wheels? It seems to me that if so many people have bent wheels, apparently because of the run flats, Lexus should be prepared to offer some kind of reimbursement or option. My car should not need new wheels and tires after only 13,000 miles!

My other question is to just ask for general advise - what type of wheels and tires have SC 430 owners been satisfied with?

Thanks in advance!

Lexus is generally very good about dealing with issues like this. And you are not the first to experience this problem.

If it were me, I would press them very very hard but politely on this issue. Get them to replace the wheels and tires or give you some comp so you can get off those horrible run craps.