Front Rotors

Hello, I want to replace my front rotors and bearings. Does anybody know if the bearing has to be pressed into the new rotor? I'm used to the old inner and outer bearings on the old cars and this car looks like there is just one bearing for each rotor. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Remove the caliper mounting bolts, hang the caliper out of the way. The rotor comes right off. If it is stuck, there are usually two threaded (metric) holes in the rotor hat to help remove it from the hub. Simply insert two hex-head bolts into the holes and alternately turn them in. At some point, the rotor will pop right off. No hammering required. The wheel bearing is not part of the rotor.

Note, the removal holes are usually only found in OEM Lexus rotors and/or better aftermarket grades.

Remove the caliper mounting bolts, hang the caliper out of the way. The rotor comes right off. If it is stuck, there are usually two threaded (metric) holes in the rotor hat to help remove it from the hub. Simply insert two hex-head bolts into the holes and alternately turn them in. At some point, the rotor will pop right off. No hammering required. The wheel bearing is not part of the rotor.

Note, the removal holes are usually only found in OEM Lexus rotors and/or better aftermarket grades.

Thank you. While rotating the tires, I didn't see any holes in the rotor and assumed it was all one piece. Will have to look closer. Rotors are original.

Thank you. While rotating the tires, I didn't see any holes in the rotor and assumed it was all one piece. Will have to look closer. Rotors are original.

I replaced my rotors yesterday. What a piece of cake! Thanks again, your info made this job extremely easy.

Rune, I'm getting ready to do the same on mine. I have oem parts, but I can't remember if the GS has two little brass screws that center the rotor on the hub. Did you happen to see these holes on the hub for two screws?

I replaced my rotors yesterday. What a piece of cake! Thanks again, your info made this job extremely easy.

Glad to help. I remember how I felt the first time I did the same job. I just kept thinking, "why does every rotor not have these?" The answer to that question being, "because it saves $.02."

Rune, I'm getting ready to do the same on mine. I have oem parts, but I can't remember if the GS has two little brass screws that center the rotor on the hub. Did you happen to see these holes on the hub for two screws?

The only holes I saw were the two 8mm ones that push the rotor off of the hub. I had no problem with the new rotor aligning itself. The rotor was kind of just hanging there, but when you put the wheel on, it goes where it should.

Be sure to scrape the rust off the hub where the holes were. If not you may have a vibration about 60 MPH and wonder why. You can always check the runout with a dial indicator.

you can have a 60 mph vibration regardless it has NOTHING to do with rust on this hole. check this thread out, it can be as simple as replacing some bushings

here go through these

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...adjustment.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...justment-2.html

but here is the easiest fix

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension...ck-bushing.html