Seat Exiting Feature

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Forum and live in Texas. Yesterday I purchased a Flint Mica with Ash interior - Certified 06 GS 300 from Sewell/Dallas. It is my first Lexus and most everything in the car is new to me. I am not crazy about the Nav and its complexity but the car is really wonderful. My question is this.....when I turn off the car, the steering wheel moves in and up. The Driver seat, however, does not slide back for a more easy exit. I have looked in the manual and don't see anything relating to this issue. Is there a special code the dealer can install to make the seat slide back when the car shuts off or is it not designed to perform this function. I know I could move it back and then set it as my seat 2 or 3 preset but that seems like a lot of hassle. Also, when I approach the car with the FOB in my pocket, are some exterior lights suppose to illuminate the outside of the car? Mine don't. The Manual seemed to show it as a feature.

I appreciate any comments

Thanks

Alan

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the Forum and live in Texas. Yesterday I purchased a Flint Mica with Ash interior - Certified 06 GS 300 from Sewell/Dallas. It is my first Lexus and most everything in the car is new to me. I am not crazy about the Nav and its complexity but the car is really wonderful. My question is this.....when I turn off the car, the steering wheel moves in and up. The Driver seat, however, does not slide back for a more easy exit. I have looked in the manual and don't see anything relating to this issue. Is there a special code the dealer can install to make the seat slide back when the car shuts off or is it not designed to perform this function. I know I could move it back and then set it as my seat 2 or 3 preset but that seems like a lot of hassle. Also, when I approach the car with the FOB in my pocket, are some exterior lights suppose to illuminate the outside of the car? Mine don't. The Manual seemed to show it as a feature.

I appreciate any comments

Thanks

Alan

might get better help in the appropriate forum. your in the 1998-2005 gs section. you need to be in the 2006+ forum. congrats on the purchase though

The features you want are not listed in the "Lexus Personalized Settings" for the GS -- see the attached list.

The last car I drove where the seat automatically moved all the way back on entry/exit was an Infinity M35. The feature actually made it more difficult for me to get out of the car since it positioned my body rearward of the door post and seemed to move the seat cushion to its lowest point -- I had to pull myself forward and around the door post. It was a rental car I had for around ten days and I never figured out how to turn the feature off. Maybe you need an M35 or M45!

GS_LPS.pdf