Vertical Grease Streak Inside Driver Window?

Ok, this is strange....

Put up the window yesterday and there is not a verticle grease streak about 1.5" wide on the driver window. It is on the inside and slightly more towards the back than center. It is very thin, but I am wondering where it came from?

Nope, haven't spilled anything there :)

this happens on alot of cars. It's just some gear grease from the window control arms. The back and forward limited motion can make the grease build up wide enouph to touch the window as it slides by. It's no big deal. You can either take it in and have them pull the door panel and wipe the side of the mechanism off or do it yourself.

this happens on alot of cars. It's just some gear grease from the window control arms. The back and forward limited motion can make the grease build up wide enouph to touch the window as it slides by. It's no big deal. You can either take it in and have them pull the door panel and wipe the side of the mechanism off or do it yourself.

That makes sense. I have never encountered it before, but then again it has never been 110F out here like it was recently so I wonder if it "melted" off. :)

I will have them pull the door since it has to go in for an oil change soon.

Thanks for the info!