Cargo Net Attatchment

55wong

I have a 2003 SC430 and the dealer can't tell me where the cargo net hooks up. the parts department doesn't show a picture. they want me to bring the car in so they can look at it. does anyone have a cargo net installed?

I have a 2003 SC430 and the dealer can't tell me where the cargo net hooks up. the parts department doesn't show a picture. they want me to bring the car in so they can look at it. does anyone have a cargo net installed?

There are two studs mounted inside the trunk near the taillights (one on each side). The cargo net just hooks over them.

iom

I called lexus parts and they advised me that,I have to buy a new cargo net to get the two studs, that the cargo net hooks onto. does anyone know where to get a pair? other than buying a new net accessory?

Yes, the hooks come with most cargo nets for Lexus and Toyota passenger cars. Oddly, although they look the same, the cargo net hooks that came with the cargo nets for our Camry and Lexus LS have different threads -- you'd think they'd be interchangeable on two cars made by TMC but they aren't.

Some Lexus SUV's have come with the cargo net hooks already installed. I wonder if any of them would work on your SC. If you have an assortment of metric bolts, you could pop out the two plastic trim holders where the hooks would install and identify the bolt size and thread type.

Maybe cargo hooks from an LX470 would work. Take a look at the "HOOK, LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT" in this 07 LS470 diagram: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2007_LEXU...NAGKA_6451.html

Click on the text in the parts list on the right side of the page and the part in the diagram will be highlighted. Maybe part number 64725-60010-A0 (ivory) or 64725-60010-B0 (stone) would work. Maybe see if your local Lexus dealer has one of these in stock that you could try.

Similar looking cargo net hooks are available for the GX470: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2007_LEXU...KAZKA_6451.html

64725-60020-A0 (ivory) and 64725-60020-B0 (gray)

That's all I can come up with for now.

Yes, the hooks come with most cargo nets for Lexus and Toyota passenger cars. Oddly, although they look the same, the cargo net hooks that came with the cargo nets for our Camry and Lexus LS have different threads -- you'd think they'd be interchangeable on two cars made by TMC but they aren't.

Some Lexus SUV's have come with the cargo net hooks already installed. I wonder if any of them would work on your SC. If you have an assortment of metric bolts, you could pop out the two plastic trim holders where the hooks would install and identify the bolt size and thread type.

Maybe cargo hooks from an LX470 would work. Take a look at the "HOOK, LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT" in this 07 LS470 diagram: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2007_LEXU...NAGKA_6451.html

Click on the text in the parts list on the right side of the page and the part in the diagram will be highlighted. Maybe part number 64725-60010-A0 (ivory) or 64725-60010-B0 (stone) would work. Maybe see if your local Lexus dealer has one of these in stock that you could try.

Similar looking cargo net hooks are available for the GX470: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2007_LEXU...KAZKA_6451.html

64725-60020-A0 (ivory) and 64725-60020-B0 (gray)

That's all I can come up with for now.

Thanks for your help! But the holes that the plastic retainer comes out of is square! I think the hook has a square end then a screw threads down the middle to expand the hook!

Thanks for your help! But the holes that the plastic retainer comes out of is square! I think the hook has a square end then a screw threads down the middle to expand the hook!

So there are no threads that a bolt can screw into?

OK, one other idea is to ask a auto body shop to see if they could get the hooks.

When my previous LS400 was severely damaged in about 1999, the body shop discarded the cargo net hooks. I didn't want to bother going back to the body shop so I tried getting replacement cargo net hooks at the Lexus dealer -- and was told that they only came with a new cargo net and not separately. I then went back to the body shop and they were able to obtain the cargo net hooks separately as collision repair parts.

If "time is money", you might want to just buy a new cargo net and verify that it comes with the hooks. It's only $31.99 at Iron Toad Lexus: http://irontoadcom.siteprotect.net/Merchan...;Store_Code=LSC