Try To Start Nothing, Then Start After 2nd Tried

an ly

Hi friends, i have a 99 ls400 with about 67,000mile, notice for past couple of weeks, sometime when i want to start it nothing happen, then retry and she starts right away, it only happen every once in a while, but most time it starts on first turn of key. Anyone know what it is?

thanks,

An

More info may be needed re. '....nothing happens....': no clicking sound, no lights on dash, etc...?

Check your battery posts for really tightness

Hi friends, i have a 99 ls400 with about 67,000mile, notice for past couple of weeks, sometime when i want to start it nothing happen, then retry and she starts right away, it only happen every once in a while, but most time it starts on first turn of key. Anyone know what it is?

thanks,

An

It is possible that it might not be all the way in park. Most cars have a neutral safety switch which only allows them to start in park or neutral. But if it is not all the way in park it will not start.

See if you can put it in neutral and try to start it. If it starts in neutral without any problems you might need to adjust your shift linkage a bit.

I have seen a lot of cars when they get older you have to wiggle the shift lever while it is in park to get it to start.

Just a guess. It could be a couple of dozen things wrong with it.

Jerry