My Isf

Recently picked my ISF up from the dealership and im absolutely loving it. Slate grey and 22k miles on the clock. My last car is now off the road getting stripped for some track action (modded 2.5 v6 ford cougar):

The imposter in the pic is my very pleased with herself fiancee. She absolutely loves the car, which is nice.

isf.jpg

ISFrearside.jpg

A very happy father in law after i took him for a spin in it :D

frontside.jpg

The beast of an engine soon to be fitted with a K&N kit, which apparantly adds 28bhp :huh: :D

ISFengine.jpg

Nice car! You ain't getting 28 bhp with a K&N intake, no where near. If anything you're going to lose some power if it's an open element under the hot hood. You're better off just getting a hard pipe, keeping the stock airbox which flows exceptionally well and getting a K&N drop in filter.

Nice car! You ain't getting 28 bhp with a K&N intake, no where near. If anything you're going to lose some power if it's an open element under the hot hood. You're better off just getting a hard pipe, keeping the stock airbox which flows exceptionally well and getting a K&N drop in filter.

Well i didnt believe it at first but iv seen the dyno run of the ISF K&N did and it was 28bhp and a good boost in torque. They leave the grill feed in to supply the cool air but fit a large cone where the box is and cover it with a heat shield. They have told me they are doing it for free and dyno run it after to prove results. If i am not happy they will replace it and give me a free kit for any other car... so its worth a go:

http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=1959

lexus2.jpg

• 2 years later...

Based on what I've read and conversed with others, the K&N provided about 10-20bhp to the rear-wheels based on the state of the engine.

A couple of others, the Takeda, provides a bit more 25-40 hp to the rear-wheels. the Takeda may have a larger diameter tubing (2.5-3.0"). A guy from ISS Forged mentioned there was significantly more HP with the Takeda and their Street Exhaust.