Check Engine Light?

Badams

I have not had time to get a diagnostic test run on my 1999 LX470 but on the way to work this morning my Check Engine light came on while crusing on a highway. The truck has 178,700 + miles on it and I have never had any problems like this. I was wondering if this is something that is set to go off at a certian point of milage? The 470 ran fine the rest of the way to work and did not appear to be having any problems other than the check engine indication light. I have to drive about 25 miles to and from work. Can anyone advise me as to whether I am safe in driving the car as long as it shows no other problem indications until I can have diagnostics run on the car. Many Thanks for any ideas or advice related to this question.

Thanks for the info. I went to a car parts store and they ran diagnostics on the vehicle and the alert code from the diagnostics computer said to replace the O2 sensor which has already been replaced. Thanks for the information and your time.

BR,

Badams

Usually the check engine light is related to the emissions system. I would bet most likely it's something like an O2 sensor that went bad. It will not hurt the truck to keep driving it. Just the enviornment.

Thanks for the info. I went to a car parts store and they ran diagnostics on the vehicle and the alert code from the diagnostics computer said to replace the O2 sensor which has already been replaced. Thanks for the information and your time.

BR,

Badams

How recently were they replaced? Let us know if replacing them again fixed the problem.