Keyless Remote Help!

Blaxus

ES owners,

I am a LS owner but I have a friend who has an ES 300 with keyless remote trouble...I see by the postings that this problem is not unusual.

Hopefully someone can help...

Scenario:

About a year ago my friend noticed that the signal strength on his remotes seemed to be getting weeker. Then finally remotes stopped working aprox 10 months ago.

Symptoms:

1) Push the remote multiple times before it would actually engage work.

2) He noticed that the distance between himself and the car was getting shorter and shorter before the remote keyless would work.

Unsucessful attempt:

1. Replaced batt's in remote keys.

2. Cleaned the connections in the keys themselves. ( He is a wrist watch technician so I assume he knew what he was doing).

Any further suggestions, cheapest and easiest first appreciated???

Jeff-

make usre you use good batteries like a duracell one

try seeing if the antenna inside the case has broken at the solder

make sure the transmitter is transmitting by tuning the radio to 94.9fm and pressing the button

or do a search on the order to test the transmitter with the lock switch i posted months ago

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
ES owners,

I am a LS owner but I have a friend who has an ES 300 with keyless remote trouble...I see by the postings that this problem is not unusual.

Hopefully someone can help...

Scenario:

About a year ago my friend noticed that the signal strength on his remotes seemed to be getting weeker. Then finally remotes stopped working aprox 10 months ago.

Symptoms:

1) Push the remote multiple times before it would actually engage work.

2) He noticed that the distance between himself and the car was getting shorter and shorter before the remote keyless would work.

Unsucessful attempt:

1. Replaced batt's in remote keys.

2. Cleaned the connections in the keys themselves. ( He is a wrist watch technician so I assume he knew what he was doing).

Any further suggestions, cheapest and easiest first appreciated???

Jeff-

How do I get the order of the test for the remote?

steve