Car Vibrating After New Tires Were Installed ...

mikek753

Hello,

I got new 4 tires installed the last Friday at American Tires / DT (Brokaw, near Fry’s in San Jose.). Costco refused to install H and don't have V.

I got Michelin Primacy MXV4 H as I was not able to get Primacy HP in my size  Those replaced Bridgestone ER30

Now I got some sort of vibration – left / right when speed is higher than 50 – 60 mph

What’s strange is that on straight 101 I can take my hands out of wheel and car going perfectly straight for 20 – 30 min – no moving to any side at all, I feel constant left/right vibration.

I see that DT made balancing by looking at new lead attachments to rims.

I plan to do alignment, but if car doesn’t pull to any side – should I do it?

What else can I do / check?

BTW – those Primacy are not as silent as former ER30 :0-( - it more noise , but have 500 vs 1xx rating.

thanks

If you didn't have a vibration with your old tires, take your car back to the store that sold and installed the new ones. They should be able to figure this out. Maybe they didn't balance them correctly -- certainly would not be the first time this has happened.

If you didn't have a vibration with your old tires, take your car back to the store that sold and installed the new ones. They should be able to figure this out. Maybe they didn't balance them correctly -- certainly would not be the first time this has happened.

yes, I went back to the store and all tires were re checked

as result driver tire was off balance - as I was told - not by much, but enough that Lexus car feels vibrations (too delicate car) - it was explained to me

3 others were perfect

strange as the store has balancing machines - why not to do it in the 1st time?

after re balancing was done I don't feel vibration as it was before, but I didn't ride much - just got back home through traffic

will ride more tomorrow to be sure it's gone

yes, I went back to the store and all tires were re checked

as result driver tire was off balance - as I was told - not by much, but enough that Lexus car feels vibrations (too delicate car) - it was explained to me

3 others were perfect

strange as the store has balancing machines - why not to do it in the 1st time?

after re balancing was done I don't feel vibration as it was before, but I didn't ride much - just got back home through traffic

will ride more tomorrow to be sure it's gone

It could be a tire out of round, I have notice this more and more with tires sold today. If the ballancing is not the issue, I would take back and make them check for high spots.

They just didn't do a good job balancing them. Lexus cars are very hard to balance and they really show any imperfections in the balance. Have them rebalance them.

Michelin tires in general though are usually pretty balanced already...

They just didn't do a good job balancing them. Lexus cars are very hard to balance and they really show any imperfections in the balance. Have them rebalance them.

Michelin tires in general though are usually pretty balanced already...

yes, it's better after re balancing was done

I may say that I don't sense vibration as it was before :D

they put 29psi to Primacy MXV4 H, but it feels as under inflated

and I see MPG drop vs old ER30 tires that I kept at 32psi and I didn't see uneven ware much.

What psi do you use?