Jacking Points

I tried to change a rear tire and could not find a good jack point. The diagram in the manual shows a point near the rear of the car but the only place I could find was right next to the muffler and I could not fit the jack there. Also, the jack is a very flimsy design for such a heavy car.

Has anyone used the jack supplied by Lexus to change a rear tire?

Is the LS460 different than other Toyota and Lexus sedans where the jack points are just behind the front wheels and just in front of the back wheels.

I've used the jacks that came with our Toyota and Lexus cars many times to change/rotate tires.

post-2157-1251735545_thumb.jpg

Yep, those are the jack points on the LS400...the LS430....the ES300...

A buddy of mine is in Iraq and his wife called me because his Honda Civic had a flat tire. It had been years since I had changed a tire but I went over there today and after wrestling with trying to get the lugs off (two of which I could not get off and I have the bruised hand to prove it) an struggling with the crappy OEM jack...we called AAA and within 15 minutes they were there, had the tire off...patched it on the spot and didnt even need to put the spare on.

THAT my friend is how you change a tire. Comes free with your Lexus too. I wouldn't even bother trying to change one myself.

Is the LS460 different than other Toyota and Lexus sedans where the jack points are just behind the front wheels and just in front of the back wheels.

I've used the jacks that came with our Toyota and Lexus cars many times to change/rotate tires.

You are right of course. I eventually found a suitable point in front of the rear wheel. But, the manual is very confusing. It shows the jacking point to be behind the rear wheels.

Thanks for your help. :)