New Harrier/thundercloud Grill And Emblem

I ordered and finally got my Harrier, or "Thundercloud" Grille. I saw one of these in Europe and really loved the grill and especially the Harrier "Hawk" emblem. I ordered them both separately, the grill for $265 on ebay and the emblem for about $75. I don't know if you can tell but the hawk is gold in an oval of chrome, very cool!

Now that I have them, I love them. They add to the front end lip that I've had for a while and my RX 400h really looks nice to me. Happy trails, Rey in sunny L.A.

post-26996-1251676717_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1251676738_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1251778718_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for the nice notes...the grille is a piece of cake to replace, it literally took about ten minutes to take off the old one and put in the new. I think it was five screws. The grille came without the emblem so since I got the emblem first, I had it in the car for when I got the grille. It snapped into the opening and there is one little screw that keeps it in and that is on the backside. Voila, it was done! It's nothing like cduluc changing the color of the wood trim!

Just go on ebay and look up " Lexus Thundercloud grille" or Harrier Grille. Then look up "Toyota Harrier Emblem". I posted the prices so that you can compare,,,reminder: My grille was $265 and the emblem was $75.

Take care and happy driving, Rey

i love the grille (i've got the same one now) and the emblem is very unique! I also like the headlight chrome trim!

Thanks cduluk, I can't wait to see what else you are going to do to your already amazing car! Rey

Very nice! Although people here in the states would see that emblem and think "What the heck is that?" It's almost like an inside joke.

I know Kyle, I have already been asked, "what cool car is this?"..."Maserati SUV?"..."What is it?..." But then the other Lexus emblems are still on the car. The front lip also makes it look like it's a different car. I like that my car stands out a little. Anyway, here in Los Angeles there are a lot of nutty people like me so it's hard to stand out too much! Rey in burning L.A.

I stumbled on a 2008 rx400h being sold at sewell lexus online and i noticed the front emblem is different than all the others for the rx400h.

The 08 Rx400h rear lexus emblem is solid plastic with the chrome L and blue accents. But, the front emblem is just chrome, no blue.

Well, this one from sewell has the same emblem on the front grille!

74336305.jpg

23227979.jpg

I emailed sewell inquiring about the front emblem, but they are ignoring my emails. I want it! I searched lexus parts and can only find the standard chrome one.

I don't think so, only because the 08 from swell was produced in japan in the same month/year mine was. We've both got the same color too.

Only thing i can think of is that the one from sewell has the laser cruise control and mark levinson sound.

But, they're both hybrids! Why would that effect the front emblems?

I think of the two, the blue and the regular "L". I really like the regular "L" for the front. The blue "L" looks nice on the back. Of course, I have neither!

post-26996-1252362690_thumb.jpg

Good idea about the body shop, but i've got the same program at home to look up parts.

I even looked up the emblem by the sewell car's VIN and it gave me the same emblem as the one i've got, for $30... Def not the blue accented one.

I'm stumped! lol

• 4 months later...

I keep getting nice remarks about the HARRIER logo plus the grille is so much nicer, at least to me. Check out my "Blue Gauge" post as well plus the postings on how to get rid of all of the rattles.

RXREY, you need the Thundercloud shift knob now.

Nice grill. I've been looking at them on ebay for a while too. However, I noticed there are different styles, but they all say Thundercloud. Like this -

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-LEXUS-RX330-RX350-R...=item27ad1d672c

I kinda like the looks of the black one (assuming it's legit) as it matches the black rear spoiler thing, and I think black looks good against my colour (savannah mist I think it's called)

Did the grill change during the years or is it just some seller who doesn't quite know what he's selling?

You are correct cduluk, that honeycomb grille is NOT the Thundercloud grille. I actually saw that same one but didn't like it as much as the one that I got. Lemon, what is the Thundercloud shift knob look like? Oh, my 06 400h is also savannah metallic.

• 1 month later...

I don't think a week goes by without someone asking me about the Hawk emblem from the Harrier...then I have to mention taht the grill is different than the normal RX. I am now close to picking the Michelin Primacy Mxv4 (225/60/18") as my next tires. Everything is looking great for my car. I love it more now after four years. It has been a great car.

Looking at your profile pic...do you have a different bumper on there as well? The lower intake looks different.

Yes, I added that a couple of years ago. I found it as a "Lip" on eBay. It cost about $250 but with painting and installing, it ended up around $900 total but well worth it. It looks great and I love that it made my car look so different. It really is a nice looking RX and I like the mods that I did. Rey in L.A.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone else bought the Harrier emblem and or the Thundercloud grille? I get so many comments about mine...I love the look of my car and the front lip adds even more to its uniqueness. Just curious...happy holidays this fine end of 2010!

• 1 year later...

"Justicepool"...here are pics of my Harrier Grille and emblem...I have since taken off the emblem but still have it for anyone that might want it. It is really sharp...chrome w gold "Hawk". The Thundercloud grille is quite stunning...the horizontal lines and chrome really set it off...I just did NOT realize that the emblem is a different size from the 400h emblem....the TC grille is 330 or 350...not 400h. Rey

This is it by itself....inside dimension/back 3 1/16th" X 4 3/8" , that is the back where it fits into the grille...if you measure from the outside the emblem is: 3 1/2" X 5 1/4. The 400h is larger. Rey

post-26996-0-72906600-1337993946_thumb.j