'04 Ls430 Or '02 M5 Bmw ?

snakehead

I know this sounds crazy , I am just looking into buying a new car and i am set on a 2004-05 LS430 but the BMW M5 2002-03 looks nice too, Has anybody in here owned both or has driven the two ? I know these are 2 different animals here but please tell me why i should not go M5 ?? I am wearing Nomex so flame on. Thanks

I know this sounds crazy , I am just looking into buying a new car and i am set on a 2004-05 LS430 but the BMW M5 2002-03 looks nice too, Has anybody in here owned both or has driven the two ? I know these are 2 different animals here but please tell me why i should not go M5 ?? I am wearing Nomex so flame on. Thanks

Boy,tough choice! But given you are on the Lexus Forum we might all be a bit biased. ;) I was torn between a BMW and the LS 430 as well, but opted for the 06 Ultra and am very happy with my choice. That being said you couldn't really go wrong with either one although the Lexus lends itself to more luxury I would think. I would recommend driving both of them if you haven't already and do a little more research on the reliability and maintenance. From reading some of the many posts here, these Lexus's seem to last forever if properly maintained although they are pretty pricey when it comes to parts. The same can be said for the BMW though. Good luck either way you go!

Well not very similar in many ways:

1) Lexus a large cushy luxury sedan vs M% sporty performance vehicle

2) two year age gap

No right answer all personal preference. If they are similarly priced the Lexus will be around longer since its newer and they are legendary for quality and reliability. I think BMW has had reliability and maitenence gaps. If its a tight sporty ride you want and you really enjoy driving and zipping around nod probably has to go to M5. If you want a premium luxury ride that will last several years then the 430