Fried Ecm

terrence

My ECM for my 94 LS400 is burnt out. does anyone know where to get a reliable replacement for under $900?

Are you sure its "fried"? How did you determine that? Have yopu exhausted the cheap potential scenarios before you plunk down a big wad of cash. Fuse(s), wiring harness, broken wire, poor ground, faulty sensors (inputs like temp, MAF, O2, throttle position, ...) or actuators (outputs like fuel pump, ignition, injectors, ...)......

Also if it is fried you need to see if some wiring or input/output problem caused it to fry so you don't burn out the next one like it was an very expensive fuse.

If its just a random failure of the guts (this happens with electronics but not overly common) then just a replacement might do the trick.

I agree with curiousB wholeheartedly, make sure you exhaust all other testing.

But if you need one, this place may still have it on the car they have:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/1343940177.html

Not sure if the ECM is the same on a 91 or 92 as is your 94 though, check it out first.

My ECM for my 94 LS400 is burnt out. does anyone know where to get a reliable replacement for under $900?

'Got one from a 94 LS400, let me know if it's the same and if you are interested.

I am interested, what is the model number on your unit? if its a match, I'll give ya $100

'Got one from a 94 LS400, let me know if it's the same and if you are interested.

I am interested, what is the model number on your unit? if its a match, I'll give ya $100

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Here is the info on the ECU. (Engine Control, Toyota 89661-50032) 175000-4111 12V. $120.00 and it is yours. This is ECU is fully functional, was tested on my 91 LS 400 but was taken from a 93 LS400.