Ac Problems

92 SC400 my blower motor seems to be stuck on low. I have checked both the resistor and the power transistor and both checked out good per my service manual. I ran the Cliamte control diagnostics and came up with pressure switch problem. I'm pretty sure it'slow on freon. So when I try to add freon the gages indicate it's full so I think there is air in the line. From my research I've concluded that I probably need to get a vacuum pump to remove the air before I can refill it but I'm not sure.If there is another less expensive way to fix that I'm all ears as cash is tight right now. On the blower motor speeds I can't seem to find anything else that could be causing the problem. Is it possible that the low freon is causing this not to function as well or do I have a problem with my ECU?

Sorry I forgot tomention that this system has been converted to134a before I got it and the ac worked fine for the last 3 or 4 summers

Any help would be appreciated

Unless you have opened your system, there is a very low probability that there is air in it. When you hooked up the gauge set, what were the high/low sides pressures? Make sure to have the engine running at a fast idle before checking, 1200rpm or so. I would suspect that you have a bad connection, bad switch, or the climate control itself is hosed. With the last possibility, I think that looking at the blower issuse should be put on hold for the moment. Focus on pressure switch issue.

is your ac still cold? if its just stuck on low fan speed its the fan speed controller. its a little circuit board that the temperature control knob is on. you have to replace that. the fan speed is controlled by the climate control.