Erratic Idle, Check Engine And Trac Off Lights

terrence

My 94 LS400 is having problems. The Check engine light and TRAC OFF light both came on this morning right after a period off erratic idling. I have since been experiencing a lack of acceleration and air-conditioning, while the lights stay on. It sounds like a vacuum tube is leaking near the cabin side of the engine block. Please help if you have had similar problems or if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
My 94 LS400 is having problems. The Check engine light and TRAC OFF light both came on this morning right after a period off erratic idling. I have since been experiencing a lack of acceleration and air-conditioning, while the lights stay on. It sounds like a vacuum tube is leaking near the cabin side of the engine block. Please help if you have had similar problems or if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I had a similar problem.Check engine light came on and trac off also came on.Car was slow accelerating and when I was going home on expressway car would jerk and bog down at times.Got car home and had to have it towed into garage because I couldn't keep it started.They couldn't figure out the problem because they couldn't access the computer.Had it towed to Lexus and they even had problems diagnosing problem.Turned out to be the ECU,Engine Control Unit.VERY EXPENSIVE