Drivetrain Trouble

Hey guys I have had my 92 sc400 for a little while now, and now I am having a drivetrain issue. It started as trouble getting the tranny to downshift when I stepped on the throttle. Sometimes it would happen and other times no. As the problem got worse, it would eventually never shift down after it had upshifted from accelerating from a stop. I couldn't even get it to change to a lower gear even if i slid the gearshift to a lower gear manually.

Finally, on a road trip, the car started to slow. When I got on the throttle, it behaved as if it were in neutral. The engine would rev, but no power to the wheels. So that is the story now. I can start the car, put it in gear, and nothing. Sometimes the car will lean forward a little, like it is trying to move (or move a tiny bit backwards, if it is in reverse), and make a little sound from the tranny. Sort of like something is partially engaged, or trying to engage.

I have good experience with manual trans, but i've never messed with an automatic

I am some experience with auto mechanics, but I'm no expert

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...
Hey guys I have had my 92 sc400 for a little while now, and now I am having a drivetrain issue. It started as trouble getting the tranny to downshift when I stepped on the throttle. Sometimes it would happen and other times no. As the problem got worse, it would eventually never shift down after it had upshifted from accelerating from a stop. I couldn't even get it to change to a lower gear even if i slid the gearshift to a lower gear manually.

Finally, on a road trip, the car started to slow. When I got on the throttle, it behaved as if it were in neutral. The engine would rev, but no power to the wheels. So that is the story now. I can start the car, put it in gear, and nothing. Sometimes the car will lean forward a little, like it is trying to move (or move a tiny bit backwards, if it is in reverse), and make a little sound from the tranny. Sort of like something is partially engaged, or trying to engage.

I have good experience with manual trans, but i've never messed with an automatic

I am some experience with auto mechanics, but I'm no expert

Any advice would be greatly appreciated