High Rpm But Low Speed Ls400 2000 Model

malikqais

Hi,

I m new in this forum and reading all the discussions and they are really very helpful.

I m in UAE and I have imported Ls400 2000 model american specs. The car is running very nice only some times in low gears my RPM climbs but still car

is at low speed seems as tranny don't know what to do and then suddenly it shifts gear and it becomes ok. I already replaced all oils spark plugs, belts and it's really very good car and nice ride. I hope you guys can help me in this regard. Since my car is not local specs so dealer is not helping but I can find all parts thats no issue. Looking forward for your help Thanks

Hi,

I m new in this forum and reading all the discussions and they are really very helpful.

I m in UAE and I have imported Ls400 2000 model american specs. The car is running very nice only some times in low gears my RPM climbs but still car

is at low speed seems as tranny don't know what to do and then suddenly it shifts gear and it becomes ok. I already replaced all oils spark plugs, belts and it's really very good car and nice ride. I hope you guys can help me in this regard. Since my car is not local specs so dealer is not helping but I can find all parts thats no issue. Looking forward for your help Thanks

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your buying your Ls400.

I was just wondering are you experiencing the problem when the car is cold (First drive everyday) or does it do this all the time.

If it does it, while the motor and tranny are cold, I think that is fairly normal, the car is just trying to warm it self up and get fluids moving faster. I say that, because my 98 Ls400 is the same thing mechanically as your 2000 Ls400 and mine does do that, BUT only when the motor is cold and tranny is cold. Mine on the first drive of the day, when the car is cold, will not shift into second gear until about 2300 rpms and then it shifts, however I don't think it is a problem, because I have had mine now for two years and it still does it and has not felt like its getting worse.

Hope that helps you, if this is not what your experiencing let me know and I can see if I cant find what your problem is. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/style...icons/icon1.gif

I noticed similar erratic RPMs and transmission shifting earlier this year when the TPS (thottle position sensor) failed at about 105,000 miles on my 2000 LS400. It was if the gas pedal was not attached to the engine. The TPS would suddenly start working and the transmission would slam into gear. The TPS was erratic for a few days until it got really bad. I barely limped the car to a repair shop -- nearly had to call a tow truck.

Thanks

No it's not showing any check engine errors. But where is that solenoid in tranny may be I'll let it checked. And it's not skipping any gears but takes longer to shift in low speeds. I suspect OD as you explained before where I can check OD issue.

• 2 weeks later...

for a long time my car would throw a code and it would go off, off and on. i tested it with a piece of wire and it still through the codes. i was able to figure out what was wrong with it, from there. i would try to take it to autozone and hook it up to the computer and just see what happens. that's strange though, it could be a shift solenoid.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so after removing the ECTS and EFI1 fuse for 1 minute car really smoothes out becomes a class of its own. I feel the smoothness and no engine noise at all. Shifting gears like butter no issues at all. Runs like a dream come true BUT it doesn't lasts long may after half an hour or 20 30 km driving it becomes same, hesitating to shift, RPM climbs and engine becomes noisy again and smoothness gone. NO ERROR CODES NOTHING AT ALL. Reset again becomes ok for a while and then same again I dont know what to replace PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE help me guys.