Replacing The Fog Lights

I have a 1992 ES300, and need to replace one of my fog light bulbs. I just replaced one of my headlights, and it was super easy. All you do is push in and twist the bulb counterclockwise, but the fog lights seem to be much more difficult. Does anyone know how to replace the fog lightbulbs? What tools will I need?

I have a 1992 ES300, and need to replace one of my fog light bulbs. I just replaced one of my headlights, and it was super easy. All you do is push in and twist the bulb counterclockwise, but the fog lights seem to be much more difficult. Does anyone know how to replace the fog lightbulbs? What tools will I need?

You'll need to remove the whole foglight housing by loosening the three little 8mm or 10mm bolts that mount it to the bracket under the front bumper. Not much elbow room to maneuver under there but it's doable by laying on your back with your head under the bumper. Once you have the housing separated from the bracket, you can unplug the wiring harness for it so you can remove it completely to clean it up before installing the new bulb and putting it back together. The type of bulb is an H3 - make sure you don't touch the bulb glass with your bare fingers. Doing so can and probably will shorten the lifespan considerably. For tools, all you should need is an 8mm or 10mm socket wrench and maybe a small extension.

• 2 weeks later...