17" To 19 Or 20" On Rx330? Fuel Economy/snow?

pbc

Wondering if I was to increase the size of my all seasons and get say 19" or 20" wheels/tires on my 2004 RX330 (currently on 17" stock aluminums) whether it will significantly reduce fuel economy and or snow traction?

Thanks!

Steve

Wondering if I was to increase the size of my all seasons and get say 19" or 20" wheels/tires on my 2004 RX330 (currently on 17" stock aluminums) whether it will significantly reduce fuel economy and or snow traction?

Thanks!

Steve

Chances are a quality set of 19 or 20" rims will weigh a fair bit more than your stock 17's...not to mention the added weight of your related rubber so yes there is a good chance of that due to the increased unsprung weight.

All season tires are also known as '3 season tires' and for good reason (whether you live in the GTA or not).......I would suggest at the very least a set of 'all weather' tires which are different than all seasons, or a full set of quality winters on a seperate set of rims.

Smart move if you want to get larger rims for those 3 seasons is cool.....keep your stock 17's for a good set of winter rubber.