Cigarette Lighter

flaco

One of the very few things I don't like about my 99 LS400 is the cig. lighter which is turned off when the ignition is off. I have taken the ashtray and lighter out before and replaced them but I don't know of a good spot to wire it to that's always hot. I need it to charge GPS and cell when not in the car. Anyone done this??

Good luck finding one. When I put my Sirius in the car I looked all over for a hot wire and didn't find any. Not sure why Toyota doesn't put an always hot outlet like Nissan does.

Good luck finding one. When I put my Sirius in the car I looked all over for a hot wire and didn't find any. Not sure why Toyota doesn't put an always hot outlet like Nissan does.

is the one in the console box hot?

mike

• 1 month later...
One of the very few things I don't like about my 99 LS400 is the cig. lighter which is turned off when the ignition is off. I have taken the ashtray and lighter out before and replaced them but I don't know of a good spot to wire it to that's always hot. I need it to charge GPS and cell when not in the car. Anyone done this??

If you want your cigarette lighter to be "hot' when inition is off just find any fuse in your fuse box that is hot when ignition is off and jumper the source side to the cigrette lighter "out" side and place a 15 amp fuse in between.

You can find piggy back leads to plug in at any car audio shop. You can also make your own by taking a fuse and cutting it open and soldering leads to it. Skip that if you are not good with an Iron.