Need A Lil Help Please

Hey guys I'm new here. I have a 1999 Lexus GS300 w/ 129K miles.... recently the VSC, ABS, and VSC OFF lights came. I have no idea why this has happened. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any cheap way to fix this? I'm a lil confused. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My first suggestion is to go to car - electrician and read the error codes. It will give you clue where to look for, otherwise it can be literally everything: brakes, throttle, acceleration etc.

Once you have error codes search the forum.

Good luck :)

Hi,

My first suggestion is to go to car - electrician and read the error codes. It will give you clue where to look for, otherwise it can be literally everything: brakes, throttle, acceleration etc.

Once you have error codes search the forum.

Good luck :)

take it to the lexus dealer near you have them check it out!

GS300dude,

I have the same exact problems, but it always goes away.

I think it might be the wiring. There could be a short or something similar.

I never went to a dealer because I didn't think it's that big of a hassle.

GS300dude,

I have the same exact problems, but it always goes away.

I think it might be the wiring. There could be a short or something similar.

I never went to a dealer because I didn't think it's that big of a hassle.

Yes you right...I havent had any problems while the lights are on.... it doesnt seem to affect the car in anyway...the car runs normal...those lights has nothing to do with engine..... BUT the thing is I'm might sell the car because i got 3 other cars. Buyers might think that those lights are serious problems.

Yes you right...I havent had any problems while the lights are on.... it doesnt seem to affect the car in anyway...the car runs normal...those lights has nothing to do with engine..... BUT the thing is I'm might sell the car because i got 3 other cars. Buyers might think that those lights are serious problems.

They are serious. Having those lights on means each of those systems is disabled. The person driving a car in this condition will not benefit from Vehicle Stability Control or Antilock Brakes.

They are serious. Having those lights on means each of those systems is disabled. The person driving a car in this condition will not benefit from Vehicle Stability Control or Antilock Brakes.

The thing is though, the VSC is not actually off. It's running perfectly. I've engage the VSC when the lights were on. To me, it seems that it's just an electrical problem. The module is not actually turned off, but somewhere in the wiring, there's a short.