New Navigation Problem

g35

EDIT---- PROBLEM SOLVED ITSELF SOMEHOW. NAV IS NOW OPERATING THANKS.

2002 LX470. Initial issue was the "no disk detected" on the navigation. I sent off the nav DVD unit and had it repaired (good advice from this forum). Upon restart the map now functions and the vehicle is displayed properly on the map but I am unable to input an address or access other menu options.

Rumor has it there may be a specific procedure and sequence for plugging in the several wiring connectors to the DVD unit....such as first antenna then something else then power???

Anyone know if this is true and if so what the proper sequence is? Or will disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a specific amount of time help?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
EDIT---- PROBLEM SOLVED ITSELF SOMEHOW. NAV IS NOW OPERATING THANKS.

2002 LX470. Initial issue was the "no disk detected" on the navigation. I sent off the nav DVD unit and had it repaired (good advice from this forum). Upon restart the map now functions and the vehicle is displayed properly on the map but I am unable to input an address or access other menu options.

Rumor has it there may be a specific procedure and sequence for plugging in the several wiring connectors to the DVD unit....such as first antenna then something else then power???

Anyone know if this is true and if so what the proper sequence is? Or will disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a specific amount of time help?

Thanks.

I also have a 2002 LX470 with the same "No Disk Detected" problem. Can you share with me where you sent the unit for repair, the cost, how long it took, and was it easy to remove and replace? Thanks!