Help! Switched Back From Cold Air Intake..

Can anyone assist me? I have a 2003 GS300 which a year ago I put on a cold air intake K&N without any Ecu mods. After the install last year I had a check engine lights of 0171 and 0173. Now after a year later and trying to set the car back to stock (to pass inspection). Those errors went away and now I have a obd code of 0037 and the Check engine and ABS/ VSC lights are on, HELP!! What does this code stand for and what parts would I need to replace since everything is back to stock!!!

Can anyone assist me? I have a 2003 GS300 which a year ago I put on a cold air intake K&N without any Ecu mods. After the install last year I had a check engine lights of 0171 and 0173. Now after a year later and trying to set the car back to stock (to pass inspection). Those errors went away and now I have a obd code of 0037 and the Check engine and ABS/ VSC lights are on, HELP!! What does this code stand for and what parts would I need to replace since everything is back to stock!!!

funny same thing happened to me. i put a short ram intake on my 99 gs300 and the VSC, ABS, VSC lights are on now. no engine light though. Im as confused as you are.

I take it that it that no one from this forum knows what this is.. and don't use cold air intakes and etc... I'm dying here and no one knows what this is issue is... All the pro's out there and this is the impossible question.. Help!!

The code scanner should have told you what component was bad.

According to http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

"P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)". That refers to the heater circuit within the Bank 1 Sensor 2 oxygen sensor.

Do yourself a favor and buy the direct replacement version of the sensor. The generic ones require splicing the old plug onto the new sensor because they are not specific to your car. The wires are really small with thin conductor inside hard insulation.

If you call around, some of the parts stores offer free use of a code scanner so they can verify which part you need.

The code scanner should have told you what component was bad.

According to http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

"P0037 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2)". That refers to the heater circuit within the Bank 1 Sensor 2 oxygen sensor.

Do yourself a favor and buy the direct replacement version of the sensor. The generic ones require splicing the old plug onto the new sensor because they are not specific to your car. The wires are really small with thin conductor inside hard insulation.

If you call around, some of the parts stores offer free use of a code scanner so they can verify which part you need.

Thanks I appreciate your help. Glad I can count on someone helping me out here! I'll definitely go pick it up!

I would like to mention that all Lexus cars have a CAI installed from the factory, If you are refering to a short ram air intake as a CAI you are mistaken, The short ram intake will actually degrade the performance of your Lexus. One must do there homework before bolting on what one might view as a visual upgrade. But, If you want to keep that SRAI on then you might want to reset the ECU after install.