Windsheild Replacement

DPREUSSNER

Your insurance SHOULD cover the glass replacement...

Do a search in the LS forum, there was a big discussion about windshield replacement a while ago. Your insurance should pay no fault, and you can make them pay for genuine Lexus glass so the thickness and tint match. A lot of times aftermarket windshields have distortions and such. Genuine Lexus glass will cost over $1000.

Florida has no deductible for windshield replacement with Comprehensive Insurance coverage and I had my 93 LS windshield replaced this year with a windshield that was supplied by Lexus. The windshield had a bronze tint that locally was available only from Lexus. The insurance company, State Farm didn't quibble one bit about the price, I think the glass was $700 - $800 .

Curt

I had mine replaced on my 98 LS 400 at no charge thanks to the insurance company. Check windshield wiper alignment especially on the drivers side. So that it's not set to low, it will make a banging noise at high wiper speed. The arm will hit the stop in the middle of the hood. Good luck

My windshield was replaced a couple of years ago on my 90 LS at a little over $200 by a body shop owned by the same company that owns the Kansas City Lexus dealership. I paid for it myself rather bill my insurance company since is was wear and tear and not broken. The standard amount that would have been billed to my insurance company was about $100 more than I paid. The glass was not from Lexus but the tint color at the upper portion was the same as original and the quality seemed as good as the original. Also had my sunroom glass replaced at the same time - it was broken by a rock so I billed my insurance company.