How Do I Loosen Power Steering Belt

rapidito

ok, i searched up and down this sight and couldnt find out how to actually do it. there are 2 belts of interest: the alternator belt, which i've managed to remove, and what i suspect is the power steering belt, which is located at the opposite end of the alternator belt. i figure since i'm changin the ALT belt i might as well change the PS belt so i dont have to take the ALT belt off in the near future. anywayz, to take off the PS belt, do i have to jack the car upor sumtin? in lookin at the PS from the top, i can see a bolt which looks like may regulate tension for the PS belt but i'm not sure cuz i cant seem to get in there enough to see what it actually does. any help will be appreciated.

rapidito

ok, i figured it out. it turns out i had to jack the car up, take off the front passenger tire and take off a panel thats held on by 2 screws. it gave fairly easy access to the PS pulley. I saw an adjustment screw there, loosened it, and used a screwdriver to pry and move the PS thing-a-madingy. i was able to take the belt off easily but putting on the new one is a :censored: . i'm still in the process of making it happen. its cold, i'm tired, i've spent my whole day off at my house messin with this belt, found out my cv joint boot needs to be changed, and the pulley to my a/c condensor might have a bad bearing.... :angry: the stuff i have to deal with to save a buck.

okay, i'm finally done. turns out that all i had to do to put on the new belts was place them as best as possible and then turn the engine manually by using a ratchet on the engine pulley and presto, they just role right into place. i know what u belt replacing experts are saying, "DUUUUUH!!" but hey gimme a break its been years since i changed a belt. anywayz, i'd like to thank me for being the only one to help me on this forum. thank you, me...your welcome!!

hopefully this forum will help anyone who's considering changing the alternator and power steering belts on their ES300 for the first time. thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen, this is rapidito signing off.

yeah i know i should normally wait about a day or two for good responses but sumtimes there are people online during the day. i still find this a great sight though. i used to use automotiveforums.com when i drove a honda but i find this sight better in that it concentrates on our lexuses....or is it lexi?