Lid Removal From Center Console Ls430

lkn

Does anyone have experience in removing the top/Lid from the center console of an LS430?

I have located the (4) #10 bolts under the A/C vent as well as the two in the bottom of the center glove box, but still the unit will not slip out.

Thanks in advance!

You mean the top part with the nav screen (if your car is so equipped)? I believe there are 2 additional #10 bolts underneath the driver and passenger AC temp switches. You have to carefully pry them out; depending on how much other stuff you've removed you might be able to push them out from behind; but I would invest in a plastic pry tool to pop them out. They are apparently a real PITA.

Good luck..

Does anyone have experience in removing the top/Lid from the center console of an LS430?

I have located the (4) #10 bolts under the A/C vent as well as the two in the bottom of the center glove box, but still the unit will not slip out.

Thanks in advance!

You mean the top part with the nav screen (if your car is so equipped)? I believe there are 2 additional #10 bolts underneath the driver and passenger AC temp switches. You have to carefully pry them out; depending on how much other stuff you've removed you might be able to push them out from behind; but I would invest in a plastic pry tool to pop them out. They are apparently a real PITA.

Good luck..

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I confused anyone, I am asking about the glove box between the two front seats. The compartment where you can throw cds, power cords, stuff in. I am trying to remove this "glove box" assembly.

The attached instructions used by Lexus dealers in Europe to install the Bluetooth Complementary Kit shows removing the console box but I think you may have found all the bolts holding it in.

The two little dashed circles in figure 9 on page 8 appear to show two friction tabs at the front of the console box very similar to the console box in my 2000 LS400. Use a plastic trim removal tool to pry the console box up and out. If you don't have plastic trim removal tools, a stiff blade putty knife or flat blade screwdriver with the blade wrapped with electrical tape (to prevent scratching) has sometimes worked for me.

Bluetooth_complementary_kit_LS430_instructions.pdf

The attached instructions used by Lexus dealers in Europe to install the Bluetooth Complementary Kit shows removing the console box but I think you may have found all the bolts holding it in.

The two little dashed circles in figure 9 on page 8 appear to show two friction tabs at the front of the console box very similar to the console box in my 2000 LS400. Use a plastic trim removal tool to pry the console box up and out. If you don't have plastic trim removal tools, a stiff blade putty knife or flat blade screwdriver with the blade wrapped with electrical tape (to prevent scratching) has sometimes worked for me.

See a post by Sigers98 on the other LS430 site. He has written a step-by-step for removing the center console box. I started to copy and paste it here but then thought that might be against some rule or another.

See a post by Sigers98 on the other LS430 site. He has written a step-by-step for removing the center console box. I started to copy and paste it here but then thought that might be against some rule or another.

What the heck, let's post the link: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/3350...le-lid-fix.html

I'm guessing that the word "jiggle" used by Sigers98 to describe how to remove the box is comparable to my suggestion to use a trim removal tool to pry it out.

I want to thank both "1990LS400" and "erg1948" for their posts. The information and diagrams were exactlly what I needed. Will plan to pull the box this weekend.

Thanks again guys! :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

I just removed the center consol box from my 2003 LS430 and found that in addition to the 4 bolts under the AC vent there is also a black philips screw located half way between the upper 2 of those screws that must be removed.

My box was removed to repair the problem of having to push the lid forward to get it to open or close. This turned out to be caused by the 4 screws holding the lid hindge to the box comming lose. The lid needs the many small screws removed around it's perimeter to get the unholstery top off the lid to access the 4 screws. Looks like poor engineering as the attachment is made with 4 undersized screws into plastic threads. 2 of the screws were completly out and another was lose,

• 4 months later...