Current Navigation Version For Rx

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the most current NAV version is out now and has a new one come out this year yet?

Currently it's 8.1 for the gen 5 nav. The new disks usually come out in Sept or Oct.

I got the 9.1 version today and installed it myself in about 5 min.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the V 8.1 nav disc and find it woefully inadequate. Frequently in well populated, older areas, it will not be able to provide guidance until it gets to a major highway or thoroughfare. Debating whether it's worth 200 to get an updated disc that might not be much better. Anyone else dissatisfied with their nav system guidance?

Larry

I have the V 8.1 nav disc and find it woefully inadequate. Frequently in well populated, older areas, it will not be able to provide guidance until it gets to a major highway or thoroughfare. Debating whether it's worth 200 to get an updated disc that might not be much better. Anyone else dissatisfied with their nav system guidance?

Larry

If you have a 2010 RX350 or RX450, you can't upgrade to v9.1 yet. We have HDD navigation systems and the partition is slightly too small for the latest software. Lexus is (apparently) revising the software and will be releasing it in a month or so.

• 4 months later...

we have a 2005 rx330. Ontario Lexus wants apx $500 to upgrade. Dealer said system has to be re-calibrated. Huh???

You have a Generation 4 system according to this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45858. There is nothing they need to do to re-calibrate. They are jerking you around and you should report them to Lexus corporate.

The one from Sewell at $200 will take care of all the "calibrating" automatically. Just make sure prior to adding it to your cart that you choose Generation 4 as your "Size".

Then install and it will update for you.

Enjoy your extra $300.

we have a 2005 rx330. Ontario Lexus wants apx $500 to upgrade. Dealer said system has to be re-calibrated. Huh???

You have a Generation 4 system according to this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45858. There is nothing they need to do to re-calibrate. They are jerking you around and you should report them to Lexus corporate.

The one from Sewell at $200 will take care of all the "calibrating" automatically. Just make sure prior to adding it to your cart that you choose Generation 4 as your "Size".

Then install and it will update for you.

Enjoy your extra $300.

Does the Sewell delete the login screen or do I have to follow the other comments regarding same

• 3 weeks later...