Buying An Is

Justin

So took a trip down to the Lexus dealer today. I have been interested in the IS for awhile and I am fairly confident I want to purchase. So I test drove the 2004, the E-Shift is a little corky and sometimes misleading, but fun.

Basically, I’m posting wondering if anyone would be so kind as to share their price paid. I test drove a 2004 e-shift, silver, with the full leather interior, spoiler, and sun roof. Worked the salesman down to $29974 out the door. Any feedback, as to decent price or whatever would be great.

I have also been searching eBay and found a great 2003, same exact specs, silver, black leather, sun roof, spoiler, with 3500K miles for buy-it-now of $25,000. I am a little bit cautious of buying a car on eBay, especially such a big purchase, but after all it is a great deal. Thanks for all the comments and feedback. Please let me know. After I buy, expect me to be a regular with modding question. LOL

PS: I have noticed, some of the front rotors on the IS are rusted? Is this a popular thing? Covered under warrenty? Just curious, walking around the dealership I noticed, I was like, Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Justin,

go with your gut feeling. If your dealer is local, you might want to keep you business there. What will be the transporation costs for the ebay item?

I love the IS, but I find it to be a little cramped for me. I like my space. However, there are endless possibilites for mods on an IS that I lack on the ES.

Good luck in whichever decision you make, I am sure alot of your quesitons can be answered here.

As for the rust.....it is just surface oxidation. Happens to most brake rotors that are idle for a time, especially if there is moisture in the air. Upon first depression of the brake pedal, the surface oxidation is removed and the rotors are shinny again. Nothing to worry about.

steviej

i agree with steve go with you gut.i personally would but the one from your local dealer because just incase anything happens you can acually talk to people in person.

if you buy from ebay you wont be able to do that!sometimes its better to spend the extra and it pays off and sometimes it dont.the choice is yours but either way good luck!

i have a blue 04, full black leather interior, spoiler, moon/sun roof .. apparently there were not many blue ones with black intior in my area so i ended up paying 33k for mine .. which is a little on the high side (in my opinion) ... i've heard some people have been able to get the price down to 28,500 - 29,500 for a silver one OTD.

On friday, I was able to pick up a 2002, black on black is300 manual. It has the trunk spoiler lip and the wheel locks. It had just gotten its 30,000 mile mile service, and the car has 34,000 miles on it. It's a certified pre-owned lexus, so it's warrantied for another 3 years or 100,000 miles. I worked him from 27000, to 24500. I live in Northern VA. I hope this helps.